cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS Import failed - TCSCommunicationException

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've created a track to evaluate making changes to ESS and MSS. I've imported all the requires SC's, plus the MSS SC into the track with no problems. However, when I try to import the ESS SC, the import fails after about 17 minutes with the following exception:

20101007091731 Fatal  :caused by Exception:com.sap.cms.tcs.interfaces.exceptions.TCSCommunicationException:
 communication error: VcmFailure received: Communication error [cause: number of bytes written to stream less
 than specified limit.]:null:communication error: VcmFailure received: Communication error
[cause: number of bytes written to stream less than specified limit.]:null
com.sap.cms.tcs.interfaces.exceptions.TCSCommunicationException: communication error:
VcmFailure received: Communication error [cause: number of bytes
written to stream less than specified limit.]:null

I've done a few searches, and I've found a few posts that recommend changing the MaxRequestContentLength value for the HTTP Provider Service in the dispatcher, but no guidance is given as to what this value needs to be. It's currently 1048576.

Or, is there something else that needs to be modified?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I increased the Server timeout value on the HTTP Provider, and I made it a bit further. I can now see all the ESS DC's in the DTR, but they don't show up in the CBS. I get this error during the import during the CBS-make step:

Analyze versions... started at 2010-10-07 20:55:14.310 GMT
            List Active Versions Report: "HTTP/1.1 207 Multi-Status" finished
                 at 2010-10-07 20:55:34.247 GMT and took 19 s 936 ms
            Resource "/SCs/sap.com/SAP_ESS/_comp/TopLevelDCs/sap.com ess tw pid cfg.dcref" 
                 is not relevant for DC build and will be ignored. Reason: Invalid DC URL
                 '/SCs/sap.com/SAP_ESS/_comp/TopLevelDCs/sap.com ess tw pid cfg.dcref'.
                 URL does not point to DCs root directory.

Every DC in the ESS SC fails with the same error.

Suggestions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please let me know if the issue is fixed...

Thanks

RishI Abrol