cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM 7 - How to make a custom field dynamically retrieved trigger a refresh?

matteo_montalto
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we're working on a brand new installation of SRM 7.

For contracts and purchase order, we created an enhancement on the webdynpro that manages header document data; in such view, custom fields are obtained dynamically and populate a Transparent container; by code, some tray group visually all the custom fields related to a specific section.

Now, the task is quite general; some of these "dynamically retrieved" fields should refresh, when populated, the view.

That is to say, in our context, that some custom field should automatically trigger the WDDOMODIFYVIEW method (which has been extended via overriding with an enhancement) when a value is inserted.

This would be a simple task if the field is explictly visible in the layout screen, since I could easily associate an event to the field itself.

But, since these custom field are automatically extracted in the WDDOMODIFYVIEW method, we don't know how to manage these field's behavior, e.g. after an input value has been inserted.

Each dynamic custom field is a type ref to cl_wd_uielement; we wonder if we have a way to associate an event (e.g., onEnter) to such an element.

Thanks in advance for any suggestion or help you will give us

EDIT: I guess this could not be the best section for such a kind of question ... I'd gently ask moderators eventually to move the thread to the Webdynpro section, if necessary. Thanks in advance.

Edited by: Matteo Montalto on Oct 7, 2010 6:01 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

matteo_montalto
Contributor
0 Kudos

Closed. I opened a thread on this topic in a more convenient section of SDN forums (Specifically, web dynpro abap). Thanks anyway:)