Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

basic on DP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Got a basic doubt.

If we are talking about Char 1 with values say A and B , Char 2 with values say X and Y.

We have CVC as

A X

B Y

A Y

B X

The system generated forecast in units say , EA can be

A X 10

B Y 20

A Y 20

B X 20

Now my question is - In interactive planning i can see documentation on forecast and aggr and disaggregation.

My query -

The process of Forecast OR Aggregation and disaggregation should be at the level of CVC ( combination's , like say A and X ). But when iam seeing at the documentation it says that aggr and disaggr can be done at a char level. This should be at CVC level. Why in some planning tables in the documentation we see forecast only with one char ?

( Individually there cannot be a forecast / aggre or disaggre for X or A ). I know the forecast will be stored in one Key Figure - no questions on this. But the LEVEL at which these processes work is my question.

Thank you

Regards

KK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

KK,

Aggregation:

The reason they say Aggregation is at Characteristic level and not CVC in the documentation is:

Lets consider your own example, lets say Char1 is Product with values A and B is Product and Char 2 is Customer with values X and Y, where the forecast generated is -

A X 10

B Y 20

A Y 20

B X 20

When in interactive demand Planning,

1. If you select product and load the forecast data, the data you see in Forecast KF is aggregated by the Characteristic 'Product' and the aggregated forecast is 10+20 =30 (AX and AY)

2. If you select by product B, the forecast is aggregated and loaded as 20+ 20 =40 (BY +BX)

3. If you select by Customer X, the forecast is aggregated and loaded as 10 + 20 = 30 (AX + BX)

4. If you load by Cust Y , data aggregated is 20 + 20 = 40 (BY + AY)

Therefore individually forecast can be aggregated by A or B or X or Y.

Disaggregation:

When it comes to disaggregation, the way you can look at it is:

If you enter 100 units on A, it disaggregated to AX and AY based on the disaggregation logic set up for Forecast KF.

Same happens when you enter any values on single characteristic Cust X or Y.

Let me know if this helps

Hari Vomkarey

Answers (0)