cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Business Process

sunilachyut
Contributor
0 Kudos

I am a newbie to XI world and am trying to implement the following. Create a scenario where a HTTP client calls a BAPI (creating a PO) synchronously, wish it would have been the end :). There 3 steps in PO creation, one is to create from one company code to another and create the same quantity and material to a vendor and acknowledge to the web client about the PO creation status.

Since the above is a sequence and a process, I am assuming I have to use BPM capability of XI. If answer is yes, then any business process has to be implemented through BPM, am I right in concluding this?

Am more looking at direction than any particular answers, if anyone can guide me I will find my way out.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Sunil Achyut

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SUnil,

First of all you need to call one BAPI. And this BAPI has the logic to do other operations right ?

If so then there is no requirement of BPM here.

As both Http or BAPI can act as a Synchronous. SO you can go without BPM here.

Regards,

Moorthy

sunilachyut
Contributor
0 Kudos

Moorthy

Thanks for your quick reply. But if I wrap all my logic in BAPI then there it would become a real big one and moreover there is a sequence in my process:

1) Create a PO from company code A to company code B

2) Create a PO from company code B to vendor

3) On the return an shipping notice would trigger creating a delivery and doing a goods receipt and goods issue for the two PO's created.

Since the above is a business process I was thinking it would be better if I use BPM instead of using a single BAPI for everything. Am I incorrect in my thinking?

Sunil Achyut

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You mean to say you are planning to call 3 BAPIs for each process from XI.

As per your details, It is not good idea to call 3 BAPIs for each process from same input data.

Even you can think of calling a ABAP proxy and from there you can execute these process. Atlast you can get teh repsone back from R/3.

Regards,

Moorthy

sunilachyut
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thats really helpful, so if I understood you correctly, all the business process logic has to be done in the BAPI's and XI takes care of mapping and calling the required BAPI's. There is no functionality where I can create a business process or in other words make XI to execute a certain sequence of calls depending on success/failure of earlier step.

Sunil Achyut

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, You can do this business process sequence. But don't you think, in this scneario(all are related), you are calling multiple BAPIs from XI. and it is not advisable here . Because it is an overhead here.

And I am not telling it is not possible. If you want to do like this you can do.

Like this-

Call BAPI 1 and wait for Response . If it is success then call the BAPI 2 so on.. It is quite possible.

In this case you are having 3 different BAPIs.

Now it is depend on your exact requirement. You can go with either one of them.

Regards,

Moorthy

sunilachyut
Contributor
0 Kudos

Appreciate your quick replys. I think I have enough appetite to scratch my head and play with XI :).

Sunil Achyut

Answers (0)