cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set up a REST Call in SAP with Process Integration in the middle

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a scinario planning for utilisation of REST Protocols with SAP using SAP PI in the middle. We have been successfully running REST directly with SAP and find no issues. However, Adding PI has become a challenge for us to set up the configuration in PI.

Is there a solution you can advice to implement REST using PI?

Please advice the Integration configuration steps. I really appreciate your help.

Thanks in Advance,

Sri Bodige

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/RESTWebServicesinXI%28Proofof+Concept%29

this might be helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shabarish,

Thanks for your response, I have seen this blog but this do not solve my problem because the blog do not show PI steps in terms of configuration of adapters etc.. shows ABAP side classes which do not help in configuration of integration scenario and mapping etc..

-Sri

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it looks like using the HTTP adapter is the way to get around.

So configuration wise i dont really see a problem.

Anything specific you are looking for?

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you look at the above blog, he is referring to ABAP classes which will run during a call. My issue is MIs in ESR, I have Message interface(Target) to communicate between client and PI, and a ABAP Class(Source) in ECC . In order to create a map the class needs to be imported in PI( which is not possible because do not support classes). In config, do I need to use any header fields as per shown in the blog to configure receiver and sender HTTP adapters. Do you know if there is any documentation on REST implementation steps..

Thanks,

-Sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Srinivas,

Did you get any clue for your queries ?

I do have a similar requirement and want to know your appraoch?

Thanks