cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Response In Connection Test in SM59

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working in a scenario involving systems SAP TO 3rd PARTY.When I test the connection between the the source and target host in SM59 by giving all the parameters ,I dont get any response back i.e. I do not get the message whether the connection is successful or failed......

I checked tarce logs in SMICM and didnt find any error trace.....

Why am I not getting the successfull connection response back?????

How do I confirm that the connection is working?????

PLZZ HELP.....

Regards,

Sriparna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I suggest you from OS test the connection using telnet the server on specific port as sometime ping packets may be disabled over WAN.

telnet <server_IP> <port>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

But I am receiving the result of the connection test for other IP Address and port Numbers. It is just this case where no response comes back (Neither connection success nor failure message).

Please suggest.

Can you please elaborate how to test the connectivity using Telnet.

Former Member
0 Kudos

you have to logon to Server OS level and for windows open command prompt and then execute below command

telnet <server_IP> <port>

If you have UNIX OS the logon as <SID>adm and then perform above command.

if you get blank screen as result mean the connection is OK, if you get errors mean no connectivity, request your network team to investigate.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sunil,

I am getting the blank screen.

Does this mean that the connection between XI Quality system (source) and the third party system is active?

Former Member
0 Kudos

After Telnet if you are getting a blank screen, then it means the connection is active and working.

-Supriya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi supriya,

M still confused. I am testing the connectivity between SAP XI Quality and third party system. If I ping the target IP address and port number using the following command in command promt (as OS is Windows), how come it justifies that connection is active and working for both the systems, even when I have not mentioned the XI system anywhere.

telnet <Host name> <Port No>

sbuttler77
Active Participant
0 Kudos

to check the connection you need to logon to your XI box (OS level, shell) and ping the target

system from there.

As for ST11, make sure you have proper authorizations or ask your basis team to check

the logs for you. Also, while you're on it you might want to ask them to check if rfc logging

is enabled (no idea how that works, sry).

sbuttler77
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Try pinging the other box from the command line. If you don't get any response back the connection is broken

on the OS level.

Also, check ST11 that will usually tell you what the problem is.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sven,

There are so many log files in ST11. How to identify the correct one?

Please help.

sbuttler77
Active Participant
0 Kudos

look out log files that have rfc in the name preferably after you tried to connect (just scroll

to the end of the file)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sven,

I could see the log files with "_rfc " string in the log file name. But I am unable to open them. Also the length field for the file is blank.

Please suggest.