cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrieval of data from MDM to SAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am designing a code to retrieve data from the MDM to the R/3 system.

I could retrieve the data from Mdm, but what i noticed is that I am actually getting the index numbers of the entry in the corresponding lookup table instead of the actual data. Perhaps there is some way to retrieve that data value instead of the key value of the lookup?please investigate.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please check whether you set "setSupportingResultDefinitions" in your mdm api or not.

after defining this onl;y you will get the lookup value.

Thanks,

Sudhanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thnaks Sudhanshu! but i am not aware as to where do i need to check for this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which command are you using for retrieving the data.when you are setting all search,pageindex ,page size option then only you will get option to setSupportingResultDefinitions in the mdm command only.

like RetrieveLimitedRecordsCompoundExCommand is mdm command for retrieving data.

just check this command in com.sap.mdm.extension.data.commands package

http://help.sap.com/javadocs/mdm/SP06/index.html

just check your code

Thanks,

Sudhanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sudhanshu the method i am using here to retrieve data is:

CALL METHOD lr_api->mo_core_service->retrieve_simple

this is giving me just the index numbers!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Kindly check in this link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmdm71/helpdata/en/49/b6aac489071b93e10000000a42189b/frameset.htm

MDM ABAP API Source Code Examples->Class Method Implementation->Lookups->Creating and Retrieving Flat Lookups and Hierarchy Lookups->sourcecode

Thanks,

Sudhanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think there is some miscommunication, i truly appreciate your efforts but i think you are not understanding my requirement, maybe because i could not make it clear .

let me explain it to you once again- when i am retrieving data from MDM to SAP R/3 i could only fetch the lookup keys , on the contrary i need the lookup values for fields that use lookup tables.

i am using the method retrieve-simple for that.

thanks and regards,

Aastha