cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMS - Limiting document size when using KPRO?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DMS experts,

Is there a way of limiting a size of a document being checked into the content repository i.e. using KPRO. I know you can limit this size when checking into the SAP database but my customer wishes to restrict size on the content server.

Thanks in advance,

Nick

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

No reaction sinceOctober 2007

Former Member
0 Kudos

For limiting Filesize to be checked-in into KPRO, there is a option in SPRO-->Cross-application Components->Document Management->Control Data--->Define Document Type .. double click any of your existing document type...there you can see one option "FileSize" in which you can specify the maximum size of file to be checked-into KPRO for specific document type........this way you can limit file size for individual document types........

Regards,

Tushar dave

e-mail : tushardave20@yahoo.co.in

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You will find the filesize of an original by function module 'SDOK_PHIOS_FILE_PROPERTIES_GET'.

For executing the function module 'SDOK_PHIOS_FILE_PROPERTIES_GET' to get the file-size of originals, you would have to fill the two fields 'CLASS' and 'OBJID' of the originals in the input table 'OBJECT_FILEPROPERTIES'. Then, when you execute, it will display the filesize of the required originals in the output table 'COMPONENTS' in the field 'FILE_SIZE'.

To get the 'Class' and 'ObjID' of the originals, execute the FM 'BAPI_DOCUMENT_GETDETAIL2' by giving the Document number, type, part and version.The table 'Document Files' gives all the details of the originals, from which you can get the 'File_ID'. It refers to 'OBJID'.

In the table 'DMS_PH_CD1', you can search for the 'Class' of the original by giving 'PHIO_ID' as the 'OBJID' value.

I hope this information may help you in implementing the BADI.

To be able to display the file size in the DMS transaction you would also have to modify the standard dynpros.

Best regards,

Christoph

Message was edited by:

Christoph Hopf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph Hopf

Thanks for the information. I was able to limit the filesize thru the badi.

Regards

S.Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph

In order to display the file size in DIR screen what should be done. Could you please explain how to modify the standard dynpros for the same?

Regards

S.Sivakumar

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the best way would be to create a new classification characteristic in transaction CT04 and link it to the relevant database field.

Otherwise you have to modifiy the dynpro in transaction SE80 but I regret that I have never done this and therefore I have no idea how to handle this in the coding.

Best regards,

Christoph

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

in order to limit the file size for originals which use the KPro as storage category you could implement BAdI "DOCUMENT_STORAGE01" with method

"BEFORE_PHYSICAL_CHECKIN".

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph

I have the same requirement of Limiting the document size when using KPRO.

While implementing the BADI, i need the field of the file size of the original in order to write the code. I got the field of the maximum allowed size ie. FILELEN & FILELEN1. But I am unable do get the field of the file size of the original.Could you please help me in this regard? Also is it possible to dispaly the file size in the DIR screen?

Regards

S.Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph ,

I am in need of an RFC which can upload an image file from XI to KPro.

Thanks And Regards

Rajiv