cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration of E-Sourcing & SPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

We are having a scenario where, we need to integrate E-Sourcing with SPM. I need some guides or existing documents that can be used for the same.

Thanks,

Bhakti

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhakti

Please be alittle more specific on what SPM is...SAP has used this for a couple of things like

Strategic performance management

Spend performance management**

Service parts management

explaing what your looking for to get a better responce

cheers

alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It seems it was a typo and you want to integrate E-Sourcing with SRM.

It is definitely possible but it will require development on PI as well as SRM side. Refer to the ECC-ESourcing Integration Guides and take a reference on how you can integrate SRM with E-Sourcing.

THe only difference will be "ECC uses IDOCs to communicate with PI, where as SRM can have XML messages mapped to XI messages"

We can not share documents here on this forum, but do let me know if you need the details, I will put an abstract here in this message

Regards

Virender Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Virender Singh

Could you please share that abstract and any other configuration documents you have to set up a configuration scenario and custom integration using PI for Contract between CLM and SRM.

Thanks in Advance

M G REDDY

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhakti

The official Forum for Spend Performance Management is here:

And hence your post was unnoticed by the SPM community.

I see a lot of activity on this post, so not sure if this question is still open. If it is, I would recommend you to a start fresh post in the SPM forum with your scenario details and I will respond.

Details of SPM documentation can be found in the blog post:

/people/rohit.kamath/blog/2010/07/20/spm-documentation

Also for more information on Spend Performance Management, visit the BPx community page for SPM at:

Regards

Rajesh

former_member182467
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I appreciate if anyone can throw some light on the extraction of e-sourcing data to SAP BI/BW. We need some task level data in the BW reports and are unable to find how to extract the task level data to SAP BW.

Please let me know the possible options like enhancing the standard java/sql based extractors for the requirement or extracting it through flat file. If flat files is the only option, pls update how to get the required data through flat files to BI. Is there any program/badi to modify or any other suggestions or links are appreciated. I am unable to find any information to extract sourcing data to SAP BW.

Any extractor names are appreciated.

Thanks,

Daniel

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP BusinessObjects Spend Performance Management (SPM) is integrated in SAP Sourcing (old SAP E-Sourcing).

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/bpx/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c0b455b4-e3b0-2d10-51a9-9d2f48f19...

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/bpx/sourcing

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

Thanks lot for your replies. The module to be integrated is SPM as in Spend Performance Management to E-Sourcing.

Is it necessary to have SRM inplace to have E-Sourcing integrated with SPM? If thats the case, then I need the integration of E-Sourcing with SRM & the integration of SRM with SPM.

Kindly help me with the guides available by SAP. Or by providing links to them on Marketplace or help.sap

Thanks & Regards,

Bhakti

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are 3 products.

+ SAP SRM ( Wide coverage for procurement business processes. SRM is part of SAP Business Suite 7)

+ SAP Sourcing (old name was SAP E-Sourcing, Sourcing, Contract(CLM), Supplier Management. OnDemand is available)

+ SAP BusinessObjects Spend Performance Management (SPM)

Please explain what kind of integration do you need. Is it just UI integration in NetWeaver Portal or Data integration passing some data?

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

Thanks alot for clarifying the different options.

I need to integrate, not just UI, but also pass data between SPM as in Spend Performance Management & Sourcing (E-Sourcing).

Kindly help.

Thanks,

Bhakti

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check my previous post.

-

SAP BusinessObjects Spend Performance Management (SPM) is integrated in SAP Sourcing (old SAP E-Sourcing).

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/bpx/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c0b455b4-e3b0-2d10-51a9-9d2f48f19...

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/bpx/sourcing

-

What kind of data do you need to pass from SPM to SAP Sourcing?

You can create a sourcing project in SAP Sourcing from SPM. Is it enough for your scenario?

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

Actually, that would be a question from my side itself. As in after looking at the demos, from SAP, our client wants to keep the track of all the procurement along with the other fuctionality of E-Sourcing.

I need to know, if we can pass the entire data that is available with the SPM, for eg, org data, geo data, PO data etc. If all of this data can be exchanged with E-Sourcing. How can each of the fields be mapped from SPM.

Is there any guide available that explains the mapping scenarios of SPM & E-Sourcing?

Thanks,

Bhakti

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not clear your business requirement. SPM is for spend analysis. I don't think you want to keep all data source. One option is creating briefing book in SPM. Please visit SAP Sourcing Forum. They have better ideas.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

Thanks again. I will be using the link provided by you. Just one last query. Is there is option of having an automatic triggering of auction or bid(as per settings done) once a certain procurement cost increases above a fixed price. This will be monitored using SPM.

Since, the basic requirement is to monitor cost for many commodities & if the procurement for any commodity increases the pre-determined level, then there should be a auction or a bid created for that commodity.

So, once negotiation is done, there can a contract made for the same. After which the saving can again be monitored using SPM.

Kindly let me know if such a scenario is possible.

Thanks,

Bhakti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bhakti.

Its clear from your posting that u are using:

SAP Sourcing (Formerly, E-Sourcing), and

SAP Spend Performance Mgmt.

However, it is not clear on where u are doing procurement of goods/services that you may want to reflect in ur reporting in SPM. Or it could be that the business only wants to analyze/report in SPM the Strategic Sourcing activtiies and not operational activties?

Where are u doing the procurement? Meaning in ECC / SRM?

In SRM there is an opportunity to take Shopping Carts and based on business requirements generate a RFx/Auction. However, that is only in the SRM Sourcing, not in SAP E-Sourcing/Sourcing.

Regards,

Sunny.

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

How do you get quantity value for Auction or RFx? You can create a custom program and schedule it every night and create Auction or RFx. I say it is technically possible but not possible in business context.

I'm not clear "if the procurement for any commodity increases". Is it future planned order quantity? How do you get information?

Regards,

Masa

former_member182467
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I appreciate if anyone can throw some light on the extraction of e-sourcing data to SAP BI/BW. We need some task level data in the BW reports and are unable to find how to extract the task level data to SAP BW.

Please let me know the possible options like enhancing the standard java/sql based extractors for the requirement or extracting it through flat file. If flat files is the only option, pls update how to get the required data through flat files to BI. Is there any program/badi to modify or any other suggestions or links are appreciated. I am unable to find any information to extract sourcing data to SAP BW. Please update few standard extractor names in sourcing so that we can investigate accordingly w.r.t to their enhancement.

Thanks,

Daniel

former_member182467
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please let me know the possible options like enhancing the standard java/sql based extractors for the requirement or extracting it through flat file. If flat files is the only option, pls update how to get the required data through flat files to BI. Is there any program/badi to modify or any other suggestions or links are appreciated. I am unable to find any information to extract sourcing data to SAP BW.

Thanks,

Daniel