cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add custom fields to assignment block

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are running SAP CRM 7.0. We are using the opportunity module as well as "Create Follow Up" (Sales Order / Quotation) so that you have a one to many relationship (1 opportunity may contain many sales orders). I have 2 custom fields inside the Sales Cycle (Quotation) module "Actual Sales Order Value" and "Current Points".

What I am trying to do is take these 2 custom fields and add them to the assignment block called "Linked Transactions" in the Opportunities module. But when I look at all the available fields for this assignment block these 2 custom fields are nt available.

I do not see any way of adding these 2 fields to this assignment block. The only thing I see is "Create NEw Field". But I do not want to create a new field I just want to reference 2 fields from the Sales Cycle module inside of this assignment block.

Does anyone knowif it is possible to add 2 custom created fields that are i the Sales cycle module to add them to the opportunities assignment block that is called linked transactions ?

Thanks,

Jon

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I resolved this issue finally.

This was not as difficult as I thought.

I had to go into the component workbench.

Do a "new" for the attributes section and add a model value. Then I started at BTOrder and followed the GENIL_MODEL_BROWSER eventually using the relationships to get to the field. Then I added a simple piece of code that I was missing.

Here is a good reference thread:

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member189678
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If those attributes are not available as per your business demand, then in that case it's wise to create new attributes from AET which is very easy and user friendly. This will resolve the issue as well.

Rg,

Harshit

Former Member
0 Kudos

No I dont think you understand the question. I do not want to add new attributes, the attributes already exist in the Sales Order (Cycle / Quotation) module. That is an opportunity contains a follow up, a follow up to us as a business term is called a quotation. In this quotation I have created two new custom fields: Actual Quote Value, and Current Points.

So what I want to do is if I go back to the opportunities module there is a sub assignment block called "Linked Transactions" which shows all the quotations of an opportunity. But the assignment block shows some basic fields like the referenced Quotation ID, a date, etc. What I also want to show on this assignment block is the Actual Quote Value and Current points.

How do I go about doing something like this ?

former_member189678
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check the .htm page of the view where you would like to show these two new fields. There will be a context node which primarily forms the assignment block structure. Incase your fields are added to the mentioned context nodes then all you have to do is to pull those from available to displayed column from the UI Configuration.

Rg,

Harshit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Harshit, Are you reading my issue correctly? It seems you may be thinking the issue is something else.

The problem is these fields do not display as "Available" fields so that I can move them over to the "Displayed" side.

That would be simple issue and I would not post the question on the forum.

Again the issue is these are custom fields within the Sales Order (Quotation module) but i need to display them in the assignment block "Linked Transactions" which is in the Opportunities module (Totally different module).

Am I making sense or do you need screen shots? Is it possible to post screen shots on this forum ?

prasenjit_sharma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Tell me what are the context nodes available in the 'Linked Transactions' assignment block and whether or not they relate to the context node that contains the custom fields within the Sales Order (Quotation module).

Regards

Prasenjit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Im new to SAP CRM 7.0 can you tell me what you mean by this. What I have is an opportunity that is created. An opportunity is in our business known as a possible sale. So within an opportunity at the top of the header section is a link "Create Follow-up". We use this link to create a sales orderr that is attached to the opportunity. In the database world one opportunity contains many quotations.

So then I create my quote and I enter a value for actual quote value, and current points (these are custom fields within the Sales Order module / Quotation module). So now once I save this quotation if I go back into the SAP CRM Search and find this opportunity and click on it. I can then scroll down and I see the assignment block known as Linked Transactions.

I think this was a standard assignment block but was renamed. In the configure page I see that the assignment block component is BTDOCFLOW and the VIew Name is VTDOCFLOW/HdrWindowOVE.

So now all I want to do is show the actual quote valuie and the current points in this assignment block. Is that possible?

prasenjit_sharma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi.

Are you aware of transaction called BSP_WD_CMPWB? I am wondering how you created the custom fields without knowing this.

Regards

Prasenjit

Former Member
0 Kudos

You create the custom fields using the application enhancement tool, you do not have to do it in the gui...

I am running SAP CRM 7.0...

That is the recommended way to add new fields to the interface.

prasenjit_sharma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess you need a basic understanding about BSP WD Component workbench(the transaction I mentioned) before you can start doing anything.

Follow the help sites and search for Web UI related materials.

Regards

Prasenjit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why is the recommendation from SAP to create fields within the actual UI framework using the AET tool (The web based tool) then? So you are saying without knowledge of that transaction it is not possible to do what I want to do?

prasenjit_sharma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If its just creating fields AET works great. But unfortunately BSP_WD_CMPWB is the backbone of web UI development/configuration. This is a must before you can do anything. Where do you expect to put your code should need to enhance the standard processing unless you know the basic architecture?

Regards

Prasenjit

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree but I've heard from lots of SAP folks that the AET UI was the place to make changes and to avoid the backbone.

But maybe you are right...ok so I am in this and it looks similiar to the AET tool. i can go to a view and then select my configuration and I can see my screens here.

But my question is more about the assignment block. Can an assignment block of the component BT111H_OPPT display custom fields from the Sales Order (Quotation) module?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just noticed that the subassignment block was called "Transaction History" but we just copied this configuration for the customer namespace and renamed the assignment block to "Linked Transactions". So linked transactions = transaction history... so what I am trying to do in this assignment block called transaction history is to display 2 custom fields from the Sales Cycle (Quotation Module).

prasenjit_sharma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It can, if it refers to the same business object/context nodes. When you double click on the view, you should be seeing three tabs in the right hand side work area, the first of them being 'View Structure'. In side this, you need to look for Context extend this till you see context nodes. Context nodes are linked to Business Object layer and stores several attributes. The fields that you see on UI are any one of these attributes depending on the component/view combination.

For your case try to locate the context node that you used in your quotation(the component and view would be different and you may remember this from AET and you need to select this there as well). And also check if the context node is available in OPPT component or not. If its there then the problem is greatly reduced but if its not again we'd have to create the fields.

Regards

Prasenjit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wow prasenjt...

I understand it now I do see it in both Opportunities(BT11H_OPPT) as well as Quotations(BT115QH_SLSQ).

When I go into Opportunities then I expand views, then I go to the view (BT111H_OPPT/Details) I am not sure if I need to go to his one or not but I did (please correct me if I am wrong here). So when I go to this I can see the context on the right side and I go to context node and BTADMINH is there in opportunities as well as quotations.

So it is available I think...so how do I proceed. Thank you so much I am learning!

Jon

prasenjit_sharma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the field is available, then go to the config tab in the cmp wb. Click on the button 'Choose Configuration' and select the one that you see on UI (you might need to do an F2 in the UI AB to get this info). Go to edit mode and add the fields to the 'Displayed Fields' from the 'Available Fields'

Regards

Prasenjit

Former Member
0 Kudos

The issue is which view do I need to be on, because right now I am on th Details view.

I need to add these fields to an assignment block not the header, but I do not see the "Transaction History" assignment block as a view...

prasenjit_sharma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do an F2 on the 'Transactions History' assignment block to see which component and view it corresponds to.

Regards

Prasenjit

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I go to configure page I see all the displayed assignment blocks.

This assignment block is under the component BTDOCFLOW with view name: BTDOCFLOW/HdrWIndowOVE

I think i mentioned this earlier in the thread?

But again this is the componnt for the assignment block not the header....

Former Member
0 Kudos

To recap I have created 2 custom fields using the AET web tool:

These are custom fields:

//BTADMINH/EXT.ZZAFLD00000N

Label Name: Actual Quote Value

and

//BTADMINH/EXT.ZZAFLD00000V

Label Name: Current Points

So the CRM system gave them these field names. These fields are located in the Sales Transaction or "Create Follow-Up" after creating an opportunity. So I can create a sales transaction (which we call quotation). I enter the data as well as the Actual Quote Value and the Current Points.

Now I want to go back to my opportunity, and look at my assignment block called "Transaction History". It appears this assignment block is created with component BTDOCFLOW and view name BTDOCFLOW/HdrWindowOVE. So I can see this assignment block however in this assignment block I only see fields like Activity Partner, End Date, Start Date, etc. I would like to add those custom fields that I created called "Actual Quote Value" and "Current Points". But I do not see them to be selectable when I try to configure the page.

How can I get these two fields created within BTADMINH and should be seen by the opportunities module in this assignment block??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prasanjet Sharma, are you still around?

I know I must be getting close but no luck. I tried to right click on the context attributres and add them to the "Design Layer" but when I go back to the user interface and I try to configure the assignment block those fields still do not show up.

Can anyone please help me with this :(.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is a screen shot of what I am talking about: http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/5636/107201052643pm.jpg

That one is a screen shot inside of the opportunities module / component. Also I am posting the quotation module (Sales Cycle) where these 2 fields are shown here: http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/1457/91284342.jpg

So notice these 2 fields should be placed inside of the transaction sub assignment block (We renamed this to Linked Transactions. So how can I get these 2 fields there?

Thanks,

Jon

Edited by: Hermiz Jon on Oct 7, 2010 11:39 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there really no one who can assist me with this issue? I cannot seem to figure out why I cannot use 2 custom fields from my sales order module in a assignment block in my opportunities module? Please anyone out there that can assist me ?

prasenjit_sharma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Lets put it this way. The fields that you have in the quotations header block would not be available in the doc flow block under opportunity. So either you need to add the context node, BTADMINH, in docflow or create the same z-fields again or try using 'create Re-usable field' in AET to add the same fields to the DOCFLOW context node.

However, you need to do some coding to fetch the values into it as these would not be populated by themselves.

Regards

Prasenjit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok so I have a question, instead of transaction history is there an assignment block I could use that displays only the sales orders / quotations that would then allow me to use these custom fields being that it is all from BTADMINH?

Is that possible?

Thanks for your patience

Jon

prasenjit_sharma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can do it anywhere the BTADMINH is displayed within that page. But obviously, the coding cannot be avoided.

Regards

Prasenjit

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess I Dont understand what you mean. A sales order is just the many side relationship of an opportunity.

So if I have an opportunity created for a customer, that opportunity can contain MULTIPLE quotations (Sales orders).

To me there should be an assignment block that is standard that displays all sales orders for an opportunity.

Is this not the case ???

prasenjit_sharma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thats why the Doc Flow is used. You would not see the details of a sales order/quotation in an OPPT screen, there are specific pages to display them. You would only have link to navigate to them from the OPPT screen.

If you want to add details for the follow-on documents you need to do explicit development to achieve that.

Hope I am clear.

Regards

Prasenjit