Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to identify work items for restart workflow from original workitem

former_member131833
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my scenario, the workflow is restarted when the approver changes a specific field for eg. cost assignment number. The approvers are determined again and the workitems are sent for approval.

My requirement is to identify the workitems which was created before and after the restart. This is required for reporting purpose.

Is there a way to do it?

Thanks,

Sivagami R

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member131833
Participant
0 Kudos

found the function module 'BBP_PROCDOC_GETDETAIL_ARCHIVE' and it works

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you are on SRM 7.0, use Workflow Restart BADI and this badi has to parameters for Current Schema and New Schema.

If the data has been changed to an extent of change in approval hierarchy, you will have new schema with different value. Compare the two values and pass the flag for restarting the workflow.

Regards

Virender Singh

former_member131833
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi virendar,

I am using the Restart Badi for restart. But we are using the same schema for the restart also. for eg. we maintain the approvers based on account assignment in a Ztable. if the approver changes the account assginment, the restarted workflow picks up the new approver from the ztable.

I need to differentiate the workitems to provide details for reporting purpose.

Thanks,

Sivagami R

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sivagami,

Check if SAP_WAPI_GET_DEPENDENT_WIS function module could cover your request.

Give original workitem for import parameter WORKITEM_ID.

Regards.

Laurent.

former_member131833
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried using the funciton module. but there is no attribute to differentiate between the workitems created before and after restart.

Thanks,

Sivagami R