cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOME FIELDS SHOULD NOT SHOWN IN THE REPORT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

this is to inform you that, there is a requriment in reporting perspective (ALV),

Requriment:

i have to generate a ALV report which is viewed by our CFO with one t.code, in that report suppose there are 10 fields.

That is a specific report if some body apart from my CFO uses the same tcode to generate the same report than it has to display only 5 fields.

if my CFO uses the same t.code all the 10 fields must be visible.

please help me how to do it.

regards,

balajia.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are couple of ways to achieve this,

1) - Create 2 variants, 1 variant for CFO with all the fields & 2nd variant with only relevant fields. Then use the authorization concept, where basis can restrict the access / execution of the report with specific variants.

From the basis view, they create role & assign this variants in one of the object ( not sure). Basis assistance required

2) - When developing report, write the validation for the respective fields such as maintain Customize table in which maintain userID's & fields which they can access. Display only those fields to the userID who executes this report. It should check this customize table for this UserID & only those fields listed should get displayed. ( for all the fields, instead maintaining each field, you can enter "ALL",

Eg: UserID -

Fields

CFO -

ALL ( report should display all the fields)

NONCFO-------Field1 | Field2 | Field3 | Field4 | Field5 ( only these fields should get displayed)

Note: In Customize table either you can maintain with User ID or Role. It will be more convinient in future as well.

Regards,

Reazuddin MD

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

are you using a standard report of SAP? Or are you using a new Z program you have built?

Are the fileds you need to hide to all end-users Z or standard SAP field?

Did you think to include a specific authorization object behind these fields?

In this way you might provide this authorization object to the CFO only and not to end-users.

Regards,