cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Vendor Stock consideration in SAP APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

We are planning some supplier capacity constraint materials in CTM Planning Run.

I have the following requirement to be modelled.

Plant is procuring the raw materials from the Vendor 1 and storing it in Vendor 2 since it does not have storage space. Vendor 2 is giving only space to store it. Those stocks that are available in Vendor 2 is belong to the Plant. Whenever Plant in need of the material,it will get it from Vendor 2.

When i plan for the material at plant, those Vendor 2 stock to be considered. Means those stock at Vendor should be added to the plant stock post that Purchase requisition should be generated.

How can we model this in APO.

Please reply.

Regards,

Antony

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Request you to go thru the functionality of defining the MRP area for subcontrator in R3 and check whether your scenario meets with this.

Thanks,

nandha

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Antony

Is the vendor 2 visible in APO ? That is is vendor 2 available as a location in APO. Once the stock arrives at your plant , you transfer it to vendor 2 - how are you recording that transfer in R/3 / APO.

My suggestion is to create the vendor in R/3 and transfer it to APO. Whenever stock arrives at plant you have to do a goods issue and delivery to the vendor in R/3. Now CIF over the details to APO. The demand /supply picture at the plant and the stock at the vendor 2 will now be visible in APO. Modify the stock on hand macro logic for the stock on hand keyfigure as follows (the macro logic can be modifed only if you have custom planning area and planning book)

*) If the location = <<plant>> say <<plant X>> then stock on hand key figure = existing logic + Physical_stock @ vendor location. (check the syntax for physical_stock function)

So whenever you load a material - plant combination in the planning book for planning , the vendor stock will be added only if the plant is <<plant X>>. For other plants the old logic will be used.

Thanks

Aparna

Edited by: Aparna.Ranganathan on Oct 13, 2010 6:45 PM