cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic creation of transportation lanes betwen intercompany plants

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I need to create transportation lanes automatically through integration model between two intercompany plants. The relation between these two plants are of vendor--> customer in ECC and the documents used are of sales / PO type. Source list is availalbe for the purchasing plant. Is it possible to create transportation lane using source list? If this requires an enhancement, which BAdI is applicable?

Regards,

Raghavendra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the Purchasing Document used - Purchasing Info Records or Contracts? You can CIF any of these to APO to create Procurement Relationships which in turn automatically creates Transportation Lane. You have to assign Means of Transport manually though. Note - T Lanes created with reference to Contract are however not used by SNP for source determination.

The other option is Special Procurement Key - if assigned in Material Master will automatically create TLane in APO when Materials are CIFed. Downside of that process is no control on TLane Validity Date and / or other Planning Parameters like Lot Size / PDT.

As for creation of T Lane based on Source List - SAP Help mentions it can be used but have not seen in any live project so cannot comment.

Hope this helps.

somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Somnath,

Thank you for your response. As this is between two intercompany plants, we do not have any of the SAP standard documents of external procurement relationship (purchasing info record, scheduling agrement, contracts) I am aware of the process of creating T lanes using above documents and also with special procurement key. What we have here is just source list and I am trying to explore a solution for automatic transportation lane creation.

Thanks and regards,

Raghav