cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i installed SRM server, i would like to know whether i did correct procedure or not,

first i installed ECC 6.0 Ehp1 server with sid AAA and system no: 00

on the same server (same hardware ) i installed SRM ABAP server with sid : BBB and system no : 01

again on the same server (same hardware) i installed SRM JAVA APPLICATION SERVER with sid CCC and sysno : 02

while installing SRM JAVA APP server i choosed

1. SRM live auction cockpit

2. SRM Java

3. SRM supplier

4. BP -SRM portal content

5. BP-SRM-CON SRM business packeges

6. BP -SUPP SRM portal content supplier

7. AS-Java Netweaver app server java

8. EP-CORE: Netweaver application server core

9. EP Netweaver enterprise portal.

After installing ECC 6 Ehp1 server is it necessary to install SRM ABAP server in the middle or can i go with installiation of SRM JAVA application server.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per me, the procedure which you followed seems to be fine.

Regarding your query about installing SRM JAVA in middle instead of SRM ABAP, I would say you can as per my knowledge, as now JAVA is a separate installation and there is no dual stack. Also, since we are installing it with different SID and system number it should be possible.

Regards,

Sharath

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your question is quite weird. You said you have installed ECC, SRM ABAP and SRM Java. Then you are asking about can I install SRM ABAP in between installing of SRM Java...

You need to install SRM ABAP for using SRM Java.

Thanks

Sunny

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your question is quite weird. You said you have installed ECC, SRM ABAP and SRM Java. Then you are asking about can I install SRM ABAP in between installing of SRM Java...

You need to install SRM ABAP for using SRM Java.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sunny,

Thanks for your Answer.

my Question is, is it possible to install SAP SRM java application server witout installing SAP SRM ABAP server.

if yes, will i get all the functionalities.

Edited by: sarat chandra bomma reddy on Oct 7, 2010 11:55 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you wont install SRM ABAP and only Install SRM JAVA to which system you would connect the SRM JAVA. If you are installing SRM JAVA then you need to have SRM ABAP also. Coming to installation which has to installed first earlier since it was dual Stack ABAP and JAVA would be installed together. But now as they are installed separately you can either install SRM JAVA first and SRM ABAP next or vice versa. But after installation SRM ABAP only you should do the post installation activities for SRM JAVA.

But SRM ABAP is required for SRM JAVA to function.

Regards,

Sharath

Edited by: sharath Babu on Oct 7, 2010 3:33 PM

Edited by: sharath Babu on Oct 7, 2010 3:33 PM

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As said earlier there is no way you can get SRM functionality in SRM Java without installing SRM ABAP. I would suggest you to go through SRM Installation guide.

Thanks

Sunny