Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving Messages

former_member185881
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

The situation is like this -

Some months back I have defined some Interfaces (IDOC to FILE) under Define Interfaces for Archiving and Retention Period into my XI Dev Server and every thing worked fine all the messages are getting archived.

Now I have developed new Scenario 10 days back, same IDOC to FILE and i have to archive message for this also, so I defined both Outbound and Inbound interface under Define Interfaces for Archiving and Retention Period and defined Retention Period to 2 days.

Now I am scheduling Archive Job = SAP_BC_XMB_ARCHIVE001 and Report = RSXMB_ARCHIVE_PLAN

Now when i am checking messages which were processed successfully 7 days back they still persist into moni and IDX5.

Why archiving of this scenario is not happening? and for scenario which i defined some month back those scenarios's message is getting archived successfully.

Please help.

Regards

Dheeraj Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SXMB_MONI -> Open the message for interface -> SOAP Header->RunTime -> Check for the tag <SAP:InterfaceAction>XXX</SAP:InterfaceAction>

Check whether the interface action is set to ARC or not.

former_member185881
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nagarjuna

Thanks for your answer.

The interfaces which are working correctly for them in Runtime its value under tag <SAP:InterfaceAction>XXX</SAP:InterfaceAction> is showing ARC.

The Interfaces which are not working correctly it's value under tag is DEL.

So where is my mistake can you tell me. What modification i would have to do to make those interfaces Archive.

Please help me to sort out this prob.

Regards

Dheeraj kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

It seems there is a problem with marking interface for archival. The interface is not marked for archival.

Please check the following-

1.Make sure you flagged the correct interface in 'Define interfaces for archiving' step and make sure you saved the changes properly.

2.The messages which are processed before will not be archived now.The messages which are processed after they are marked for archival will only be archived.

former_member185881
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI

Thanks again

I got the point for which i was looking for.

Actually I was thinking if I will flag the interface then previous msg will also get archived. Now i have triggered fresh msg so now value is coming ARC. Now lets see after 2 days I should not see this msg into my MONI right na.

Thanks Buddy for your usefull support.

Regards

Dheeraj Kumar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you check the archiving status in SXI_MONITOR. There is one column that contains the information if this archive is to be deleted or to be archived.

When the flag of the particular message is to be archived and retention period is expired, you might check the status of the messaage.

Only successful or explicitly canceled error messages are archived.

If that is also true, do you have the job scheduled that updates the adapter status.

We also had an issue that a lot of messages stayed in sxi_monitor. After running this job, those message are archived correctly.

If you need details, either reply to this thread or search the sdn for "resfresh adapter adapter status"

best regards,

Markus