Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Services - Virtual Interface not found

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am experienced the following issue.

An external system calls SAP ECC 6.0 through some web services. The error that arise is "Virtual Interface not found".

This kinf of problem is not detected in every environment (i.e. not detected in Unit test environment/detected in Integration test environment).

We suspect there's some customization that need to be done.

Reading the wiki's about this issue, we are supposed to follow the steps:

--> SE80 --> Edit Object --> Enterprice Services --> click on Virtual Interface radio button.

In our system there's not a radio button with "Virtual Interface" label .

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was also facing similar kind of issue after patch and SP upgrade in production enviornment. Something about implementing a new release has created inconsistancy in web service.

I followed the below steps and issue was resolved..

1. Run Report Program - WS_MANUAL_WEBI_AFTER_IMPORT by selecting Single Service Definition and by clicking on "Force Generation" check box.

2. Run Report Program - WEBI_CHECK_REPAIR by selecting Single Service Defination to remove inconsistancy in web service.

After this two program run, the web service will be operational again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thought I would share how I overcome the problem.

Navigate to Enterprise Service definition in SE80, click on test, fill in any values your XML might require and run it. That forces the regeneration and re-publishing of binding and problem seems to be gone.

Kind regards,

Ilja.

gordon_tobias
Explorer
0 Kudos

We've seen this "Virtual Interface not found" error occur several times after we have implemented SAP support pack stacks.  Something about implementing a new release seems to corrupt the definition of our custom Z web services, even though they may have nothing to do with the support packs themselves.

One thing we've seen is that if the userid that calls the SOAP Web Service has very limited authorities granted (such as a userid intended only for calling the service might have), then the error will occur.  If a more powerful userid (like a developer id in the development system) calls the service, the call to the web service seems to activate or regenerate the web service.  Presumably, the developer's call of the service invokes some activation routine, and the developer has permission for that activation routine to run.

i.e.

1) a limited-access user calls the web service, and gets the "Virtual Interface not found" error returned

2) a developer calls the same web service, and gets a valid response

3) the original limited-access user calls the same web service, and now gets a valid response

Having a developer call the web service may work in the development environment, but it does not help in production.

We've found that OSS notes 1903490 and 1847901 are helpful here.  Based on those notes, we can run program WS_MANUAL_WEBI_AFTER_IMPORT, specify the web service to be activated, and select the 'Force Generation' checkbox.  After this program has been run, the web service will be operational again.

Gord

Harsh9
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gordon,

Kudos to your description of granular level. We happened to resolve the issue with the help of your provided details. Thank you very much.

Regards,

Harsh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just had this issue today and was able to resolve. We are on ECC 6 Netweaver 7.02 and the radiobutton option was not available. I deleted the enterprise service within SE80 then simply recreated the enterprise service. All within the same transport. I also deleted the endpoint from SOAMANAGER prior to transporting however I am not sure the later is required.

This web service worked perfect in DEV and Quality however when moved to production, we got the Virtual interface not found from the calling system. Once I moved the transport and recreated the endpoint, the issue was resolved.

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing this problem after transporting a newly created virtual interface to the Q system.

I have only changed the description text of the virtual interface to reactivate it.

Regards,

Johannes Regensburger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please share your solution. I am also using SAP ecc 6 and have the similar issue.

pradeep_kumar5
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am also facing same problem, any update on this??

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Pradeep Kumar