cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to create view inside a view

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi experts,

I want to create a view inside a view in my web-dynpro application. The window should not be navigated. In same window i have to post many views in same container. How to do it. Pl guide me..

Thanks in advance..

Regards

Vinodh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Vinodh,

for ur main view, embed 4 view containers and in window embed the corresponding views into the view containers..

bind the VISIBLE property of all the view containers with a context attribute of type WDUI_VISIBILITY and set the initial value to '01', using set_attribute method( use code wizard CONTROL+F7)so as to hide all the view containers, u can do this in WDDOINIT..

now in the onAction of the button1 , make VC1 as visible by setting the attribute to '02' and rest others as invisible..

this way u will be able to achieve the required fuctionality..

regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks amit for your help. I have executed as you said and its working fine. Thanks everyone.

Regards

Vinodh

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

you can also try Dynamic programming to place the desired view on the View Container . In this way you have only one VCE in your window.

Programmatically you have to embed the desired view in the window.

see [Dynamic programming|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/4c/60154219fce12ce10000000a1550b0/content.htm]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Use a viewContainer UI element to embed a view within a view.

Thanks,

aditya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Vinodh,

simply place a View container UI element in the view in which u want to place a other view..

now go to the window in which ur parent view is embedded, there drill down to the view container inserted->right clik and choose embed view and choose the second view, which is to be placed.

regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinodh,,

In the Main View,Place View Container UI Element,how many u want...In the Window emdeb the different views in the View Continaers Of the Main View...Then U Can Able To See Different Views in A Single View

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i understood the concept what you had said. I'm developing a portal. In my home page i'm having 4 buttons. When i click on each button the corresponding view should be shown in same window itself. Or should i go for view context..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

One way is , put as many viewcontainer's needed in your view and then on click on a button hide the viewcontainer's that are not needed so that only required view will be visible.

Thanks,

aditya.