cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPGUI Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can we default the location of saplogon.ini during GUI installation. I have seen different behaviour across installation of SAPGUI 7.1 and 7.2. The default location of saplogon.ini is different. How can the default setting be controlled.

Note : After installation if we need to change the path we can do it via environment variables.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

7.10 puts the logon.ini in the C:\windows

7.20 When upgrading the logon ini and others are moved by the install to C:\Documents and Settings\<ID>\Application Data\SAP\Common

As you mentioned if you set the environment variable SAPLOGON_INI_FILE to a new location, you will

need to manually move the ini file shortcut file saplognTree.

Mark

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Note : After installation if we need to change the path we can do it via environment variables.

How should this work? Should Windows move the files to a new path automatically?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcus,

Environmental variables can be used to forefully specify a location of the saplogon.ini file. For eg : I may be having 4 saplogon.ini files with different properties. I can set the path in SAPLOGON_INI_FILE so that the logon pad reads the properties from a specific file. Note that saplogon pad can read only one file at a time.

Thanks,

Shyam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why you want to change the default loc?

Regards,

Nick Loy

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should install using administrator user, if that's what you're asking for.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

The issue is we are going for a new 7.2 patch level 1 GUI roll out across couple of clients. The strange thing what I noticed is that previous GUI 7.1 level 1 is taking two different default locations for the saplogon.ini . For one client its in c:\WINDOWS and on the other C:\D & S\user\SAPLOGON. There was no environmental variables set. I need to find out how to control the defaulting at the time of installation. Just wondering how to get it done.....

Thanks,

Shyam