cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inbound Mail in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had asked the basis team to configure a mail in SAP system for processing of inbound mail in offline scenario.

but whenever i click the submit by mail button, the mail does not appear in the SAP inbox. instead i get a mail for the microsoft exchange as follows :

Delivery is delayed to these recipients or distribution lists:

<emailid>

Subject:

This message has not yet been delivered. Microsoft Exchange will continue to try delivering the message on your behalf.

Delivery of this message will be attempted until 10/8/2010 12:38:57 AM (GMT-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada). Microsoft Exchange will notify you if the message can't be delivered by that time.

i talked to the basis team and they said there is no problem on their end.

has anyone come across such a situation please let me know.

regards,

Sakshi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This has nothing do with your SAP Configuration. The error you have indicated means there is some problem with the Exchange Server.

You should be checking with the IT Dept. of your company and not BASIS.

Certainly BASIS guys are not always at fault

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have talked to the basis guys and they are also saying that the problem might be at the IT end. The IT guys are looking into the matter.

Thanks,

Sakshi

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So how did you resolve the issue, a comment about it would have certainly helped.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Well the issue has not been resolved yet.

the problem seems to be fromt he IT side.

So the IT people are looking into the matter.

but still they have not been able to resolve it.

Regards,

Sakshi

jagdishwar_b
Active Participant
0 Kudos

go thru the following:

For receiving mail into SAP, see the blog by Thomas Jung :

/people/thomas.jung3/blog/2004/09/09/receiving-e-mail-and-processing-it-with-abap--version-610-and-higher

With this blog and the sap-notes referred by this blog, we were able to configure the Inbound mail functionality in SAP.

Sending and Receiving Email with Attached Interactive Forms in ABAP:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e0bba346-cb84-2910-2aa9-ba1f8a1c8...

Regards,

BJagdishwar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for your input,

i have already gone through the links earlier and the problem is not in the coding on basis configuration.

the probelm is in the server which the IT guys are trying to resolve.

regards,

Sakshi

Answers (0)