Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport Text elements

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ABAP experts,

I have created a program and also text symbols. I am trying to transport both.

to transport the program i did

Menu: goto > object directory entry > selected the package > selected the request.

in se09 i could see the entry as R3TR PROG and the program name.

i would like to transport the text element in the same way.

i browse to menu: goto > text elements > text symobols > object directory entry is greyed out.

is there a way i can directly add the text elemetns in se09 in the change mode. what would be the program id and object type.

Suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,

BWer

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you transport the program first time, the object directory is R3TR PROG. This entry includes all the text symbols associated with the program. If you make a change in program, it will create a version with object entry LIMU REPS. If you make a change in text symbols, it will create an object entry with LIMU REPT.

So first time you dont have to transport text symbols separately.

Reward if it helps,

Regards,

Anil

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

use program RSTXTRAN

Regards,

Harish

reward if its useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just change one of the text element and assign it

request and revert back the changes to the text

element.

Regards,

Amole

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you transport the program first time, the object directory is R3TR PROG. This entry includes all the text symbols associated with the program. If you make a change in program, it will create a version with object entry LIMU REPS. If you make a change in text symbols, it will create an object entry with LIMU REPT.

So first time you dont have to transport text symbols separately.

Reward if it helps,

Regards,

Anil

LucianoBentiveg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use report RSTXTRAN.

Regards.