cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to navigate to another URL (not LogOff)

achim_hauck2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

how can I programnmatically navigate to another URL within a WD-Application? I don't want to Logoff (and destroy the logon ticket - the ticket should stay valid).

I can do it with a LinkToUrl-element, but how can I do it in my Code? I need this functionality in an ActionButton.

kr, achim

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi achim,

you need not create an outboundplug. Just create an action for a button. In <b>onAction<actionname></b> method write the below code. it should work.

<b>wdthis.wdGet<<i>windowname</i>>InterfaceviewController.wdFirePlug("www.sdn.sap.com");</b>

regards,

Gopi

achim_hauck2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gopi,

there's no wdThis.wdGet...Controller available in my View ;-(

what's available is:

wdThis.wdGetAPI().firePlug(IWDOutboundPlugInfo plug, Map parameters)

kr, achim

There should be a possibility to put the functionality of a LinkToURL-UI element to a Button....

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi achim,

u have go through this following link...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/91b6ad90-0201-0010-efa3-962...

hope it helps u...

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have the same problem with Web Dynpro for ABAP.

I created a suspend plug and a resume plug on the MAIN window.

Additional I created a button on my view. Which logic has to be added to navigate to an external application?

Thanks for your help.

Best regards

Markus

thomas_szcs
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Achim,

Have you tried using the suspend/resume plug technique? There is another thread by Etnaya which describes how it works.

Best regards,

Thomas

achim_hauck2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for all the anserw, unfortunately none of them work for me...

Armin: your code creates a new window, but I want to use the same window (like a LinkToURL would do)

Gopi: If I create a OutboundPlug and fire it, I receive a error message that no link is attached to the Outbound plug

Mukesh: the app runs not in portal

Thomas: we use Netweaver SP04, I suppose there are no suspend/resume plugs available yet.

kr, achim

thomas_szcs
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>Thomas: we use Netweaver SP04, I suppose there are no

>suspend/resume plugs available yet.

You can check at the window. If you were able to create them, they are available. Resume plugs are inbound plugs. Suspend plugs are outbound plugs.

Best regards,

Thomas

achim_hauck2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thomas,

as I supposed, no suspend plugs available...

kr, achim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Achim,

<i>Gopi: If I create a OutboundPlug and fire it, I receive a error message that no link is attached to the Outbound plug</i>

Mark plug in question as "Exit" and create sole parameter "Url" of type string for it.

VS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Achim,

Try this

WDPortalNavigation.navigateAbsolute("ROLES:Pathof theIview",WDPortalNavigationMode.SHOW_INPLACE,(String) null,

(String) null, WDPortalNavigationHistoryMode.NO_DUPLICATIONS,(String) null,(String) null,"Parameter=parametervalue");

kind Regards

Mukesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

In onAction<buttonname>

write the below code.

wdthis.wdGet<windowname>InterfaceviewController.wdFirePlug("www.sdn.sap.com");

Regards,

Gopi

Former Member
0 Kudos