cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Remove ABAP from the Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experters,

Not sure, is it the right forum to post this question. If not, please advise me to post in right forum.

Here is the scenario. Regardless of ABAP system or JAVA, somebody installed ECC, PI, SLD, BI both component. Now question is how to seggregate ABAP from the portal or SLD etc.. This is running on Windows and SQL Server. << Removed >>

Thanks

Ava

Edited by: Rob Burbank on Oct 8, 2010 10:18 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I thing its techinically not possbile to seprate ABAP stack from a system which was installed as a dual stack system

Regards

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think uninstalling Java is possible but not the other way around as said earlier.

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your question is not clear. You said how to segregate ABAP from portal or SLD .. Which portal are you taking off ? Is this ABAP+Java system ??

If you want to remove ABAP from SLD then simply delete SLD entries from RZ70 in your ABAP system and if some jobs for SLD data transfer is running then delete the job as well.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

Thanks for your response. But my question was different.

Somebody installed all ABAP stack along with JAVA stack for Enterprise Portal, SLD and all JAVA based components. Now I am trying to figure out How to remove ABAP stack without disturbing existing functionality and environment. Is there any simple way or could possible on complex way.

I will appreciate your response.

Thanks

Ava

thunder_feng
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ava

As you mentioned "Somebody installed all ABAP stack along with JAVA stack", based on this I am understanding that this is a dual-stack system, where the ABAP and JABA share the same SID, am I correct?

If yes, I am afraid that there is no simple way to remove the ABAP stack, as uninstalling ABAP stack from a dual-stack system

isn't supported technically.

While you can consider the following:

1. reinstall a pure java stack system with portal, and then transport(export/import) all of your portal content.

2. probably you can do a system copy(only java system) from the exising system into a new pure java system with portal.

Thanks

Thunder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm assuming your query as changing the UME database from ABAP to JAVA and having the JAVA database as the UME. This is not possible in SAP. But the reverse is possible. Meaning, you can change the UME of a JAVA stack from JAVA DB to ABAP DB.

Hope this clarifies.

-Varadhu...