cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle Native Driver issue in Crystal Reports XI R2

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have installed Oracle 10g express on my machine. I have Crystal Reports XI R2. working on XI R2 from Jan. I would like to use Oracle Native driver connection because I need to create a report using a stored procedure which has an IN OUT Ref cursor. I am able to see Oracle from the crystal report data expert. But when I right click on Oracle for a new connection.....all the options like Add to Report, Add to Favorites, Add command to Report, Make a new connection .... so on are disabled. When I double click on oracle the crystal is looking for some msi file and throwing an error installation package is unavailable. when I point it to the correct msi file path, displaying a message not a installation package. I have only one crystal msi file on my machine.

Does it mean, Oracle is not properly istalled? Please advice.. I need the solution very urgently.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shyam,

I had a similar problem when we upgraded a couple of machines to CR IXr2 from r1. It seems that r2 doesn't install all the drivers automatically. We had to reinstall r2, and go for the advanced install, and install all components.

hope this helps.

Aaron

0 Kudos

Or simply click on the Add/Remove programs in Control Panel and select Crystal Reports. You should have the option to select the Custom option and then expand the database drivers and Choose Oracle...

Thank you

Don

Answers (0)