cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration Error: Unable to resolve core universe ID

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to migrate Linked universe from dev to prod.

It shows me in Prod, How ever when i try to open/import the linked universe from prod , I get an error:

" Unable to resolve core universe ID" " Universe export not successful"

Can anyone suggest me a possible solution for this?

Thanks,

Candie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When Migrating to prod, you missed to migrate Core Universe to Prod.

You have to Migrate Core and Linked Universes to new Environment and Import them and Export them to BOE in Prod environment.

This way you can resolve this.

Thank You!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks BOCP,

That works well but my Prod univ still shows core uni as the one from Dev. Is there a way to change the location of core universe so it should point to Prod database only.

I am afraid if in future someone delets the core universe in Dev , i guess the one i migrated to Prod will not work

Kindly suggest

Former Member
0 Kudos

Import the Core universe in Prod env using Designer. And in Connection parameters change the logon credentials (incase they are diff) and point the Prod Database.

Now export it , your problem is solved.

Thank You!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks BOCP, I already did this but if i go to links in parameters, I still see the source of core universe as DEV repository.

Is this usual?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yep Candie.

For each environment move/Migration, we have to manually point to the exact environment(Dev/Test/QA/Prod).

Hope you got it and it resolved the issue.

Thank You!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI BOCP,

I think I am not clear on this:

Under the links in prod universe it still shows the core universe from dev. If I try to change the source to Prod I can save it but not export it.

On export it gives me an error " failed to conver unv to unw.

Pls suggest?

Thanks Candie

Answers (0)