Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Queues not automatically processed in SMQ2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are on XI 3.0 SP13 and we have this performance issue - on our system -

Even though all of our qrfc queues are registered , we find that our inbound queues get stuck in a 'READY' status and need to be manually activated - every now and then -

Have anyone out there experienced this problem - and can suggested what we are missing here ??

Thanx in advance for your time.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Karthik,

First of all what type of Scenario is it?

Sync or Asynch?

Could u please check the Integration Engine Configuration.

SXMB_ADM > IE config> Specific Config.

-Naveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naveen

This is a async scenario - R3 - ABAP client proxies --> XI --> Posting to a DB - high volume of messages - comes out of the R3 box in no time - gets stuck in XI - owing to the above mentioned issue -

Do you want me to look at anything specific in IE - specific configuration related to this ??

moorthy
Active Contributor

If high volumes of messages are coming, then I think, this problem will occur very frequently.

Try with scheduling the Report RSQIWKEX/RSQOWKEX and try it .

Else , if you can change the design, i.e send less no. of messages at a time and then in XI , using BPM collect it and then send to DB.

Refer this guide-

https://websmp106.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000592892005E.PDF

Also for Queue-

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/29/xi-how-to-re-process-failed-xi-messages-automatically

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Karthik,

Look into <b>TUNING</b> category, where u can define the different parameters like <b>EO_INBOUND_PARALLEL</b>

(Presss the info button <b>i</b>) on the left to get more information.

Hope this helps.

-Naveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys

I guess my question is - why should the status of the queue go to 'READY' - and not change to 'RUNNING' - every now and then - is this a bug in the qrfc scheduler - in SP13 ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys

Any more thoughts on this - is this not a bug - on the standard queue processing functionality - why would queues go into a 'READY' status every now and then ?

I got a couple of OSS notes ( 909869 ) related to this in inbound queues ( SMQ2 ) - just wanted to verify with you folks on the field whether you have experienced something similar....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

We are having the same issue. Did the note 909869 helped ? Let me know if you got a solution.

Thanks,

Mathew

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. if you have problems with messages in queue XBTM* - see point one, otherwise maybe point two will help.

1. We have the same issue with messages get stuck in queue for large outbound messages (XBTM). Unfortunately those queues do not get registered by executing "Manage queues" in TCODE SXMB_ADM (they are not even shown there). You need to register them in TCODE SMQR manually (select "Registration" and choose XBTM as queue name). After that this queues appear in "manage queues" (see above).

2. Maybe you need to schedule report RSQIWKEX for restarting failed qRFC queues. Make sure that you have added parameter MONITOR QRFC_RESTART_ALLOWED set to "1" in Integration Engine specific configuration (TCODE SXMB_ADM).

Please respond if something helped you (reward points appreciated too).