cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitor Document Volume - ST10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We need to monitor the minimum entries documents (records) in the table.

For this, we are using the monitor: Document Volume.

Doing the tests we identified that this monitor uses the data of the transaction ST10.

In this case our doubt is:

Why is the transaction ST10, the column monitored is "Rows" which is the sum of columns "Prepares +

Requests " ? It doesn't reflect the real quantity of the inserts in the table.

During the realization of the tests, we observated the column that really reflects the amount of

inserts in the table is the column "Requests". The Column "Request" reflects the same quantity of the inserts into a table when it is compared whith the same table in SE16 Transaction.

Why does Document Volume check the column "Rows" and not the

column "Request" for verification of quantity of inserts into a table?

Anyone help us in this question?

Thanks,

Marcos Aurélio

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Marcos,

I cannot answer the question directed to the St10 monitor this would need to be verified directly in your system, so please open an OSS message on component SV-SMG-MON-BPM if not already done.

In general I wanted to ask if you are aware that BPMon offers many application related key figures which also measure the throughput of documents, i.e. how many documents have been created. And for those key figures you usually have a four step rating, i.e. lower and upper thresholds.

So if you want to measure that a minimum number of sales orders in ERP or sales/service orders in CRM are created you can do so via these monitors which are more flexible than the ST10 monitor.

Best Regards

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Volker,

As mentioned earlier, it is not verification of quantities of sales orders. What we need to monitor the minimum and maximum entries in a table of CRM.

We have opened an OSS for this matter, if you want to follow the same tracking number: 0000025397/2010

Thanks,

Marcos Aurélio

0 Kudos

Hi Marcos,

but did you cross-check the application monitor. We the 4 step rating of the "Sales Order created" key figure you could actually ensure that neither too many nor too little number of documents are created (you can leave the transaction type open and read across all docuements). Depending on how many different CRM scenarios you are using this should have the same effect as the ST10 monitor and it would provide additional detail information.

I still assume that in this specific case this monitor would better suit your needs than the ST10 monitor.

Best Regards

Volker