cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps required to transfer Fiscal year variant changes from R3 to SCM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus;

We have a requirement to change our fiscal year start and end dates for the current and future year. We are using program "RSIMPCUST" to copy changes in fiscal calendar from R3 to SCM.

My question is : Do we need to de-activate the demand planning area and then copy the Fiscal calendar changes and re-initialize and copy the data from back up cube Or we just have to copy the FY changes from R3 to SCM and re-initialize the DP planning area.

Thanks for your guidance in advance.

Thanks and regards

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member721730
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh Dhadve,

I don't think, have to deactivate the Planning area for Fiscal year variant date changes.

You are not changing the planning calender which has been assigned in the Storage bucket profile. So not required to deactivate the planning area. If you deactivate the planning area, past period data also would be deleted.

Instead of that, reset (0) the KF Values in the current and future period for which start and end date changed.

Initialize the P Area period again same as existing PArea period.This will help to reassign the Planning area storage bucket period.

Then reload the transactional data from the cube (Assuming cube also reloaded after the Fiscal year variant changes).

Regarding the backup cube reload, even the data loaded back from backup cube the Fiscal year variant changed period would be correct. So it is not correct to reload the data from the back up cube. Which ever periods are not changed for that we can reload data from the back up cube.

Hope this would be helpful and let me know if any clarification.

Regards,

Saravanan V