cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

configuration wizard: patch PI-system before ? problems with mopz

uta_hedemann
Participant
0 Kudos

We have installed PI 7.1 EHP1. Now we want to do post installation steps of installation guide .

chapter 5.14. Running the configuration wizard:

You can run the configuration wizard only once and only directly after installing and patching

your SAP system.

But we have problems with the MOPZ transaction of the corresponding solman, because the detailed system data (especially of the java stack) is missing in SMSY in solman. We have added the PI system manually in SMSY of solman (the abap stack we have pointed via RZ70 temporarly to SLD of solman , so the sp-level from abap side is in smsy now)

MOPZ transaction says: System constellation is empty, calculation will not run

But local SLD from PI will configured later during config wizard.

So what can we do now ? Any experiences ?

1) Can we start config wizard without having patched the system and patch it later after config wizard with sld, etc. is done ?

2) Is it possible to send the java data of PI-system to the SLD of solman ?

3) how can we proceed ?

Any ideas are welcome

Regards,

Uta

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Uta,

You may follow the steps MANUALLY from the link below:

Wizard-Based Configuration

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/48/a9b8cb7e28674be10000000a421937/frameset.htm

To configure the PI as Post-Installation.

Regards,

Caio Cagnani

uta_hedemann
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Caio,

thanks for the link.

Our problem is more, that we have to get all data ( software-level , maybe more stuff ?) of the java-stack to a SLD. Then we can start MOPZ to read fo the newest packages. Afterwards config wizard can be started...

I have tried to maintain the JCO RFC-Provider according http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/48/a9b8cb7e28674be10000000a421937/frameset.htm in NWA ->Configuration Management -> Infrastructure-> JCo RFC Provider with

program-id: SLD_UC (same as in RFC-connection SLD_UC of abap-stack, SM59)

gateway host: <hostname PI>

gateway service: sapgw<xx>

according

But when klicking next, NWA asks for

step 2: repository configuration

step 3: security settings

step4: additional options

I am not really sure, which data I have to put in.

Edited by: Uta Hedemann on Oct 6, 2010 11:35 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

UTA: To get all data into SLD -> You need to set RZ70, SLDAPICUST transactions to your SLD and use user with has SLD rights to modify (SAP_SLD_ORGANIZER or something like this works well) ...

To get JAVA data into SLD, you need to go to JAVA ADMINISTRATOR tool and configure SLD_Bridge service to your SLD, using again same user with appropriate SLD rights.

If you need to use two different SLDs, such is your case then you can replicate changes in PI SLD into SOLMAN SLD. To do this you need to add your SOLMAN SLD link with user with SLD rights into PI SLD, section administration -> SLD Data Suppliers. Doing this any change in PI SLD will be replicated into SOLMAN SLD immediatelly.

So connect your PI (ABAP + JAVA) to PI SLD, set replication of PI SLD into Solman SLD. Once this is done go to SMSY_SETUP and schedule periodical background job to fill data into SMSY from your SOLMAN SLD.

Anyway ....

I have SLD full of synchronized data and LMDB synchronized with SLD and SMSY synchronized with LMDB and I sow "System constellation is empty, calculation will not run" in MOPZ as well.

What I helped in my case was to add missing Product Assignment in SMSY transaction for individual system.

To do this ... go to transaction SMSY -> Landscape Components -> Product Systems -> Find individual system and select it -> Go to Header Data -> Assign Product version using "Change Product Assignment" button -> Ensure product version you selected is checked as "Active".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks M. Mickal.

I ran into a situation and your instructions helped me get around the error.

Cheers

Gurpreet

Edited by: Gurpreet on Oct 23, 2011 3:45 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks M.Mickal,

your comment helped me out very quickly.:

To do this ... go to transaction SMSY -> Landscape Components -> Product Systems -> Find individual system and select it -> Go to Header Data -> Assign Product version using "Change Product Assignment" button -> Ensure product version you selected is checked as "Active".

Regards

Dennis

Answers (0)