Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RE: Entering transaction and clicking the short cut.

sreekanth_sunkara
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am trying to go in to a transaction by entering the transaction name. In this case it is /VIRSA/ZVRAT and i am getting the error "This function is not possible". but i entered the same transaction in my Favourites and clicked on the same transaction "VIRSA/ZVRAT" it works.

is there something i am doing wrong or did anyone restricted users not to enter transaction but click only on the menu / transactions provide to them? is there a possibility for this?

Thanks in advance,

SS

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

is there something i am doing wrong or did anyone restricted users not to enter transaction but click only on the menu / transactions provide to them? is there a possibility for this?

This is not a restriction. I've seen this behaviour before but do not really know what causes it. I call it a bug

Have you tried entering /N/VIRSA/ZVRAT in the command box?

9 REPLIES 9

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is not a restriction. I've seen this behaviour before but do not really know what causes it. I call it a bug

Have you tried entering /N/VIRSA/ZVRAT in the command box?

0 Kudos

Jurjen,

Thanks a lot for your help, now i tried /N/VIRSA/ZVRAT and it works fine with out any problem. you are correct this is something odd. do you know if this is the problem only for VIRSA transactions or did you face similar situation with any other transactions.

Thank you,

SS

0 Kudos

I think I saw it with some /ISDFPS transactions.

0 Kudos

Ok Thanks.

SS

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Transaction naming convention from the initial day has some static rules defined by SAP AG itself. Such one is these transactions starting with " / ". Any transaction you see like /* , they denotes SAP certified partner transactions. Sometimes these partner application got adopted by SAP (like Virsa and became GRC) but the naming convention remained same. One more example is PCAM transactions. The naming is like: /<Partner company naming>/<Transaction Text>.

As per transactional processing logic any transaction can't be started with a special character. So you need to put a /n in-front of such tcodes.

As much as I know, this is the case.

You may get more details from our experts here. Please have a look though you have already closed the thread.

Regards,

Dipanjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are correct, if that means anything in a closed thread

The original licensing was via namespace registration of the component. /N/xxx is the workaround...

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

To me it does. Valuable information Dipanjan, thanks for your contribution!

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> To me it does. Valuable information Dipanjan, thanks for your contribution!

Anytime!! It's really nice to be a part of this great community.

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Dipanjan for your excellent explanation.

Thanks,

SS