Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration between CRM and ERP regarding personnel staffing

federico_gregoret
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everyone!

We are implementing CRM Services for service management and Project System in the ERP for project management. In both of them, we are planning and staffing personnel. But since people can be indistinctively assigned to service orders or projects, we need to have only one tool to plan and staff personnel. Does anyone know if there's any tool in SAP that allows to centralize personnel planning and staffing? So that in cn manage this in a unified way, no matter if the person is assigned to a service order in CRM Service or to a project in PS in the ERP?

Thanks in advance to everyone!

Regards!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I agree with what Nitin has to say. CRM integrates with PS from the project replication perspective. For eg. Marketing Plans created in CRM can be replicated as a project structure in PS based on the configuration settings. However i doubt if there is any unified tool that will cater to your requirement.

Transactions used in CRM as well as PS are altogether different. The question you have asked is a good one. Lets wait from other experts to comment on this.

Regards,

Gokul

federico_gregoret
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys! Thanks for the replies! I appreciate it.

I know it seems complicated.. The thing is that what I need is to integrate resource planning from CRM services and Project System. Is there any way that in CRM Service Resource Planning I can see what I planned in PS? So that if a person is assigned to activities in PS, I can see that reflected in CRM Service Resource Planning, in order to know their availability?

Thank you very much!!

Regards

Edited by: Thalos on Oct 9, 2010 12:54 AM

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I request you to post in CRM forum as well for better result. CRM -PS integration is less explored subject. I worked on integration from cost planing & Project replication. Not sure about this, but The case I worked in that normally only Project definition / WBS got created from CRM to PS ( Just like in case of IM ) not Network / Network activity and other structure details. So, I doubt this resource planing may be possible from CRM to PS. This is just my view. You need to explore little more and share with us.

It's good integration question. I request if someone has worked on this kind of integration please share.

WIth Regards

Nitn p.

federico_gregoret
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin, Hi Gokul

Thanks for your reply! Still with no standard solution for these and looking for other options. I have two questions for you.

1. If I use CRM Service orders, can I replicate them as CS service orders. As CS orders and networks use the same staffing methods, this could be a way of integrating them.

2. If instead of staffing this in PS, I use CRM service orders assigned to the PS project, can I make dates or hours confirmed in these orders affect the project? Or the integration is only from the cost perspective. If I had CS orders, I would have a more tight integration between the project and the orders assigned to it. This is standard. But what about the CRM service orders assigned to the PS project? Is the cost integration the only one I have between CRM service orders and the PS project?

Thanks a lot!

Regards.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As per PS is concern there is only one integration point from CRM you can directly create proejct based on Project replication customization If you have relevant customization in CRM than plan cost data flow ot PS. So, far in PS you can plan personal on PS objects primarily. I doubt unified personnel planing tool may exist in SAP. Because most of hte logistic moudles which uses personnel is having separate transaction in ECC.

With Regards

Nitin P.