cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1628: Failed to complete installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am working on a support ticket with SAP + SAP requested me to upgrade the customer database copy to latest patch and test there.

I had 8.8 SP0 PL10 installed already on my PC.

I downloaded PL15 from the SAP portal and started the upgrade wizard.

Server tools, SBO common and company database upgraded successfully, installed addons etc.. When I logged into SBO the upgrade of the client started. After 4 hours it still was not finished and appeared to be hanging and not responsive. I killed the process and rebooted.

Now I cannot reinstall the client. I go to add/remove programs and If I click change or remove I get the error: 1628: Failed to complete installation

There is no SBO icon on the desktop and it is not under programs list. I cannot launch the SBO client.

Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can install B1 client using the B1 client setup.exe that is available in the folder sap business one server.

Here is the example of the folder path:

C:\Program Files\SAP\SAP Business One Server\B1_SHR\Client

If you face error message as follows:

1) "Error: -1605 this action is only valid for products that are currently installed."

After that another error message comes up:

2) "Error Number: 0x80040702

Description: Failed to load DLL: CreatorDll

Setup will now terminate."

you can solve it with this following solution:

These message errors are related to the Installshield (application normally used for software installation on Microsoft Windows desktop and server platforms) product, so please check:

1. The following link and try that:

http://consumer.installshield.com/kb.asp?id=Q108474

2. If the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) are installed on the machine - SAP Note 850824

3.In the windows registry (remove the Installshield entries that are blocking the installation):

a.In Windows go to Start -> Run -> type 'regedit'

b.Do backup of the register first: File -> Export -> save the file

c.Search for the following entry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{889991FA-CE9B-42A9-A8DA-228219FA65AC}

'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\InstallShield_{889991FA-CE9B-42A9-A8DA-228219FA65AC}'

d.Restart the machine

e.Try to (re)install again the 'SAP Business One' client

JimM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jimmy,

I ran the client setup.exe that is available in the folder sap business one server (C:\Program Files\SAP\SAP Business One Server\B1_SHR\Client) and got errors:

"Error: -1605 this action is only valid for products that are currently installed."

and

"Error Number: 0x80040702. Description: Failed to load DLL: CreatorDll

I went to the link you provided but it is broken

http://consumer.installshield.com/kb.asp?id=Q108474

I found the utility I think you are referring to (Microsoft clean up utility for Office) but can't find the correct one.

Do you have another link where I can download it?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Found the microsoft cleanup utitliy but SAP Business One Client was not on the list.

Removed the registry entries for SAP Business One Client and was able to install the client successfully after.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the above does not work, I had this same issue and followed JimM's advice manually removing the keys.

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can install ccleaner and then remove required entry in tool option. after that you install client from B1shr folder.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

On Windows 7 64-bit, reinstalling Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86 AND x64) helped:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=5638

(Link to x86. Link from there to x64 as well)

Jesper Angelo