Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TLN update after navigation

Ronib
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I used method <i>navigateAbsolute</i> for navigation to another page. The current page header in Top Level Navigation does not update, and it has the previous page name.

How do I update the top level navigation to disply the new header?

Thanks,

Roni

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Roni bar,

Try raising the portal event "UpdateTLN" (that is well supported by EPCM; EPCM.raiseEvent("urn:com.sapportals:navigation", "UpdateTLN", navigationTarget) )

You may try to use the same here with WD like this:

WDPortalEventing.fire("urn:com.sapportals:navigation", "UpdateTLN", <i>navigationTarget</i>). 

Not sure if it will work or not, but you may manipulate this option to get a solution.

Bala

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having the same issue...what was your solution??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I'm having this problem. Did you managed to solve it? if you did you should post how you did it so others benefit also.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roni,

i couldn't understand what you have asked. can you illustrate your problem in detail.

regards

karthik

Ronib
Participant
0 Kudos

i have an iview with a link in it. when user click the link redirect to another page in the portal using command: <i>WDPortalNavigation.navigateAbsolute("Roles://portal_content...,x,y,z,d)</i>.

the redirect is working and i see the new page, but in the menu of the portal (top level navigation) it looks like i'm still in the previous page. i want to update the tln so it will show the current status of the portal, means the new location of the current page.

hope it is clear now.

thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roni,

WDPortalNavigation.navigateAbsolute(URL,WDPortalNavigationMode.SHOW_EXTERNAL,

(String) null,

(String) null,

WDPortalNavigationHistoryMode.NO_DUPLICATIONS,

(String) null,

(String) null,

,"parameters");

Hope this will solve.Or u can try the SHOW_EXTERNAL_PORTAL instead of SHOW_EXTERNAL

Kind Regards,

Saravanan K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roni,

WDPortalNavigation.navigateAbsolute("("Roles://portal_content...",WDPortalNavigationMode.SHOW_EXTERNAL_PORTAL,x,y,z..);

You have 3 options for WDPortalNavigationMode. Try out ur need.

1. SHOW_EXTERNAL_PORTAL --> Opens iview in a new Portal

2. SHOW_INPLACE --> opens the iview in the same portal

3. SHOW_EXTERNAL --> Opens iview in an external window

Hope it helps,

Regards,

Nagarajan.

Ronib
Participant
0 Kudos

my question is about the top level navigation (its the menu below masthead that shows in which tab you are and which page you are watching = your role).

when i navigate to other page it wont update the tln. no matter which method i use, and i used them all before posting the question.

any other ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roni,

We are using NWDS 2.0.15, we have tried it, but we didn't achieve it. So i think this is not possible.

Regards,

Saravanan K