cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to view Retrieved file in DMS Archiving.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

My client is specific about DIR Archiving. Now the scenario is DIR has been marked for Deletion and archived and Stored in a repository successfully. After Archiving DIR has been deleted from the Database.

Now using SARA Transaction using "Storage System" archived file has been Retrived and File name has been created in Archive Administration. System is displaying File name, Logical path and Physical File name. Below Physical File name it is showing "Archive File is accessable".

When I check using T-code CV02N Nothing is Displayed.

Please guide me how to see the Retrived File. My client wants to see the DIR with attched originals.

Please let me know if any configuration is required.

with regards,

S.Dayanand

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dayanand,

You can retreive archived DIR from Archive information system (SARI) if infostructure is build. If DIR archive infosturucture is not active and filed then you have to perform this activity to retrieve the archived DIR's.

CV02N - is change mode of DIR so you can't retireve archived DIR from this transaction. Also I doubt the CV03N is archive enable transation, hence you have to depend on Archive information system to retireve the DIR's.

Please note: Originals attached to DIR will be displayed from the archived DIR's in the same logic by using link table information (DMS_PH_CD1 - if archive server used, DMS_CONT1_CD1 if SAP database is used).

Hope this will help.

-Thanks,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ajay,

I have already created Standard Infostructure using DOC Type,Document, Doc Version and Doc Part in SARI. But I am able to view the structure not the DATA. Could u please guide me how to fetch the complete Data or DIR with Original file into structure and View it.

Also after deleting archived document using CVLO transaction I am able to view the same document using transaction Code CV02N. HOW?????

Kannan, in present scenario file has been archived and I am trying to Retrieve it. Do you have any Idea on this.

with regards,

S.Dayanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dayanand,

If you have taken standard infostructure - SAP_CV_DVS_EHS then i advice to try creating custom infostrucutre with custom field catalog using DRAW as source table.

If you are able to view the documents in CV02N then i feel that the DIR's still not deleted from database. Check archiving results against DRAW table before and after archiving process is completed successfully.

-Thanks,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ajay,

I understand we need to run program "MCDOKDEL" in t-code SE 38 to delete DIR completely from Database.

I checked it. It is working fine. But I am not able to delete using t-code CVLO.

If the process is correct it was suppose to delete using above t-code.

Could u please share complete configuration material for archiving including BASIS configuration if u have. u can send me to below google address.

s.dayanandamurthy

with regards,

Dayanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dayanand,

You should have archive infrastructure in place.

- Configuration are

1. Creation of content repository in OAC0

2. Archiving object specific customizing, Basic customing, File system customizing, retention period & assigning to content repository is done in specific archiving object customizing button.

3. AIS customizing is performed in SARI - customizing

-Thanks,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Dayanand,

Execute SARA transaction. You can set a deletion flag for document info records that you no longer require for managing

documents and their original application files. Archiving object CV_DVS enables you to archive these document info records. After the archiving run, you can delete the archived document info records.

The document info records that you archive and delete with archiving object CV_DVS are

identified by the following data:

Document,Document type,Document part, Version

Follow the steps

1. Goto DIR which u want to archive and set them deletion indicator On from document tab

2.Go to transaction CVAR and create Varient for DMS.

3. Select the selected Varient

4. Click on Start date

5. slect the start time for writing,You can choose immediate or schedule later also

6. Select spool parameters, give output device and press procced, now archiving job wil be scheduled

7. Now u can check scheduled job by clicking Shift + F4 in same transaction

8. Select the job & click on Joblog

9. Note down The archiveing session no. is 0000xxx

10. Now execute transaction CVRE and enter read program as DVSARCH3 and execute

11.Provide the archiving session Number 0000xxx and execute u get archived document list.

12. For deleting archived documents execute CVLO transaction, Select the archived file

13. Select the No 0000xxx. & click on Continue

14. Select the start date,You can choose immediate or schedule later also

15. Enter spool parameter and execute

16. Now deleting job will be scheduled,

17. Check the DIR in CV02n, u wont get those archived DIRs

Hope this will solve your query

Regards

Kannan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check this link,