Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization object S_RS_ERPT owner field $USER is not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We have tried to restrict report designer authorization by owner field - putting $USER value in owner field so that user can update his own report only. But it does not restrict as it does in S_RS_COMP1. In ST01 trace, it is showing owner field value as 'USERID' . If we put * value then only user can update his own report only .But it will allow user to update others report also, I guess. Do you have any suggestion to restrict so that user can update only his own report not others.

Thank you ,

Regards,

Sujit

3 REPLIES 3

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can not just put a variable entry in any Authorization field for any authorization object. The Object has to have the provision to enable such value assignment. Also the transaction or report also matters for which this object is going to be checked. You may consult with your developer team for passing an exit to make the field available for collecting variable value. But ofcourse again this is not convincing as this object need a static value for determining the Owner of the query.

regards,

Dipanjan

Edited by: Dipanjan Sanpui on Oct 6, 2010 5:45 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dipanjan,

Thanks for your reply.

I notice S_RS_COMP1 is calling the SAP program LRSSBU06 and which uses the FM RSSB_AUTHORITY_COMP_CHECK and there is a piece of code which checks $USER value.

IF sy-subrc <> 0 AND l_owner <> '$USER'. "#EC NOTEXT

"let's check, if this user is allowed to change its own queries

l_owner = '$USER'. "#EC NOTEXT

ELSEIF sy-subrc = 0 AND l_owner = '$USER'. "#EC NOTEXT

"yes, the user is allowed to change his own queries,

"we check, if this is a query created by himself

IF i_owner <> sy-uname.

But I did not find anything on S_RS_ERPT

It says " Authorization Object S_RS_ERPT not found in selected search area"

Do you have any idea how to restrict this owner field ?

Thanks and regards,

Sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

As this is not a good idea to restrict the owner for the query but if you want to use this function then use the combination of authorization objects below to achieve your requirement.

Object: S_RS_ERPT Text: Business Explorer - Enterprise Reports

ACTVT Activity

RSERPTID Report Designer: Report ID for Loading and Saving

RSZOWNER Owner (Person Responsible) for a Reporting Component

Object: S_RS_COMP1 Text: Business Explorer - Components: Enhancements to the Owner

ACTVT Activity

RSZCOMPID Name (ID) of a reporting component

RSZCOMPTP Type of a reporting component

RSZOWNER Owner (Person Responsible) for a Reporting Component

Hope this helps

Thanks

Dheeraj