cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPM (FF) w/o GRC-Suite ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a possibility to use SPM-functionallity w/o using the JAVA-Part of GRC?

Within Note 1000403 the installation on ABAP-stack is described. I rember, the VIRSA-tool was ABAP-based. Start of the FF-functionality is done on the ABAP-stack /n/virsa/.

However, it is not clear (for me) if there is a possibility to use FF w/o Java-stack.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the helpfull answers. I try to install SPM w/o GRC-suite (according to note 1000403). That helps in my project.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thomsa,

Firefighter is core ABAP based product. When you install VIRSANH & VIRSAHR, this product is installed on you system along with CC 4.0.

SPM java based has nothing to do with core functionality of FF, i.e. for supper user management.

The java part only contain reports (with data pulled from ABAP stack).

Same reports are available in ABAP also.

so all you need to do is install what they call RTA (real time agent), these are nothing but add on component VIRSANH.

hope this help

regards,

Surpreet

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you can use FF without using SPM in GRC Java part. Only thing you will not be able to get reports which you easily get in SPM. Rest things you can perform in ABAP.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thomas,

For SPM, installation of Java is optional. You don't need to but it will help in organizing and manipulating reports.

Regards,

Alpesh