cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using BW BAPI's in VC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have an EP connected to our BI 7 backend system and are currently using it for displaying BW reports and dashboards in VC .

It is using logon tickets for user authentication in BW. Now we need to use certain Bapi's in BI in VC which can be done

only if the system is a R/3 type system. How could we possibly proceed with this without affecting the current system used in our landscape .Can I just copy the current system and change the system type and alias and proceed .

Please let me know your suggestions .

Rgds

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vineeth,

create the system of R/3 and create the alias use the same alias from VC to get the Bapis you required.

Regards,

Govindu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Govindu ,

Thanks for yiur reply . Actually i was able to get bapis using a system which i copied from my existing one

and changed the system type to R/3 . But now am facing a problem with the bapis.

The bapis return output in the form of two tables - Data and Fields. Data table shows the data and fields table shows the header for the data table or all the field names. I have tried many ways ,but there seems to be no possible way to combine these two

into a proper table format in VC which i can display as output. Could you let me know your thoughts on this

Rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

then you shoudl chnage the bapi structure such a way that it gives yiou the required format in VC.

from VC sdie we just display the output data in table.

Regards,

Govindu