cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

I have uploaded the external link for few documents in cv01n with different extensions. As soon as I attached it, I tried to print it using the print icon at the bottom of the screen by selecting each file. I could able to print the excel,PPT but not the PDF fiels.

It throw me an error message says "There was an error opening this docuemnt..filename, directory name or volume label syntax is incorrect "

Please help me to fix this issue.

Mahee

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahee,

Am assuming that the relevant workstation has been configured as required.

Could you please clarify incase the PDF file that you are attempting to open/print has the file name in English? Its generally observed that in case the file name is in another language other than English, then some alphabets in the file name may not be comprehended. If this is your case, then a workaround would be to rename the file in English and retest the scenario.

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

I have already configured the neccessary things for PDF . I did put the MIME type as well. And the file name is in english.

Nothing helps. any more ideas. It's working for XLS and DOC but not PDF.

Mahee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you using Windows XP as your operating system?

If yes, then this issue has a resolution in the form of a hot fix KB943337 from Microsoft(ask your system/IT administrator to request for it) that addresses problems with webdav and PDFs.

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahee,

Have you defined MIME type for workstation application .pdf files in DC30? Kindly check.

Regards,

Ravindra