cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G/L account is not picking

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I have maintained two account keys in pricing procedure, which system is only picking one condition and posting to right G/L. May I know why the other amount is not picking. assignments done right with KOFI and KOFK combinations. on the Item condition GL account is showing for the picked one. But for the other one its not. Pls let me know which areas I have to check.

Thank you,

Kanna Palle.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

YOu have maintained two account keys in pricing procedure. what is the purpose to maintain two account key?

2nd account key is actually "accrual key" used to accrue the condition amount for statistical conditiontypes only

Check in V/06- for that condition type, whether "accrual " is marked or not?

- relevant condition records triggered or not? check Pricing analysis?

regards,

Reazuddin MD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MD,

There is no accruals in my requirement. one "profit margin" and the other is "Total sale". Total sale GL is posting correctly. But profit margin G/L account is not picking.What could be the possible reasons?

Thanks,

Kanna Palle.

Pls throw some light on this.

E

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"Prfilt Mrgin" & "Total sale" derived based on calculation. these two are the results, which will not have any condition type assigned to it.

Only those account keys which is assigned against condition types will have G/L account determined.

Check in "account determination " analysis in VF02 for these condition types, will give reason for not determining G/L account)

Regards,

Reazuddin MD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MD,

-No G/L account found in Account determination type KOFI-. This is the message what I got for not picking the GL. But I have maintained both account keys against condition types. But Total sale is posted correctly and NOT Profit margin.

Thanks,

Kanna Palle.

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Provide your pricing procedure & Acccount determination settings, it is unclear with your jargon like "Profit margin " & "total sale" postings.

Accounting gets generated after Billing,

Dr- Customer account ( Sales revenune - discounts + freight+ Tax)

Cr - Sales revenue ( price conditions)

Dr - discounts

Cr- Freight

Cr- tax account ( which is not part of the proft margin & there wont be any G/L account for profit margin)

Regards,

Reazuddin MD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MD,

-No G/L account found in Account determination type KOFI-. This is the message what I got for not picking the GL. But I have maintained both account keys against condition types. But Total sale is posted correctly and NOT Profit margin.

Thanks,

Kanna Palle.

Former Member
0 Kudos

MD,

I assigned G/L in the combination of s.orgplantaccnt key.I maintained 2 condition types in pricing procedure and twoG/Laccounts

against those two condition types.1.z001 (item condition)profit margin 2.b001(item cond)total sale. In this , Total sale is posting to respective GL account but not the profit margin cond type. Did i forget any settings? Pls help on this.

Thanks,

Kanna Palle.

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

from yourr post,

it seems, that is config missing in maintaining entries in VKOA - Account Determination settings agaisnt this account key.

Regards,

Reazuddin Md

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pls let me know where to miantain those missing entries, I am not very good at revenue recognition.

Thanks,

Kanna Palle.

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

regarding: REVENue account determination customizing,

please search in forum. You will find relevant threads which will solve your issue.

Regards,

Reazuddin MD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kanna

Your total sale price is probably posting to Revenue.

When you post a goods issue, the transaction produces the 'cost of the sale' This is the value coming on the std SAP condition type VPRS and is statistical in SD and does not need a GL account. But in your pricing you would take the sales condition type and subtract the VPRS value to get your Profit margin. It will not post to FI as the Sales goes through to revenue when you bill it and the cost has already gone to FI with the goods issue. The conditions view is only to report what the profit margin is on that sale and there won't be a GL account for it.

I hope that this helps

Kind regards

Dawn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have found that KOFI00 is picking one condition type out of three condition types I maintained in pricing procedure and Its posting the GL account. I know its because relevance to account key. But why its ignoring other two condition types although I have maintained the access sequence correctly in the available combination.Can anybody let me know which settings I missed or where else I have to check? Is there anything to do from OBYC or FI side?

Thanks,

Kanna Palle.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
But why its ignoring other two condition types although I have maintained
    the access sequence correctly in the available combination

Your post is not in detail for any member to understand and propose a correct solution. Please list out your pricing procedure settings based on which only, you will get some relevant suggestions.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi