SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message No. C1821

kumarg5
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am getting an error in MM42 Basic data view, for any article of a particular MC.

The error is : "Inconsistent characteristic value assignment"

Message no. C1821

If it is a generic article, then when I press the 'values' button to see the characteristic values, this error does not allow me to proceed in to the next screen.

If it is a single article, then it does not allow me to go to the next view from basic data view

The details of the error screen are as below

-

Diagnosis

You want to change the value assigned to a characteristic. However, the change causes inconsistency, so the new value is not allowed.

The inconsistency may be for the following reasons:

A precondition or selection condition is violated.

The characteristic is a single-value characteristic, and different values have been set by constraints, actions, or procedures.

In classification, inconsistencies occur when you change the value set of a characteristic if objects or classes have already been classified with values from the previous value set.

Procedure

Choose Inconsistencies to see what triggered the inconsistency. You can also use the explanation facility for more information.

Delete the values that triggered the inconsistency.

You can only change or delete a value or value set that has already been used to classify objects if you delete the existing allocations.

-

What could be the reason for this error.

Please Help.

Regards,

Kumar

1 REPLY 1

ray_seetaram
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Kumar,

Can you please check whether SAP Note 496965 will resolve this problem?

Regards,

Ray