SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activate SAP Utilities

former_member316563
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have installed ECC6 IDES but as mentioned in Note 881842 when I try to activate Utilities using Tcode SFW5 I find FICAX - Contract A/R + A/P is activated by default.

Some one please guide me at which step during the installation can I activate Utilities instead of FICAX which is getting activated by default.

Thanks

Satya

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

oliviawalsh
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please see note 1244548->IDES ERP 6.0 ECC 6.0 SR3

9. Business Functions

In this IDES system, the Business Function FI-CAX (Contract A/R + A/P)

is already activated. Because of this no additional business function,

industry solution etc. can be activated.

There is no possibility to reset this status and to deactivate FI-CAX.

It seems it is NOT possible to deactivate FICAX if it has been.

With IDES, there is no other way around. You can consider to install a new ERP/ECC sysstem (not IDES), on which no FI-CAX activated by default. Then you can use IS-U.

I hope this answers your question for you.

Kind Regards

Olivia

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

oliviawalsh
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please see note 1244548->IDES ERP 6.0 ECC 6.0 SR3

9. Business Functions

In this IDES system, the Business Function FI-CAX (Contract A/R + A/P)

is already activated. Because of this no additional business function,

industry solution etc. can be activated.

There is no possibility to reset this status and to deactivate FI-CAX.

It seems it is NOT possible to deactivate FICAX if it has been.

With IDES, there is no other way around. You can consider to install a new ERP/ECC sysstem (not IDES), on which no FI-CAX activated by default. Then you can use IS-U.

I hope this answers your question for you.

Kind Regards

Olivia

0 Kudos

Hi,

Appreciate if you can respond to the below queries.

A) We have an CRM system and an ECC system . In the ECC system we have activated FI-CAX Extended Contract Accounting Receivables. We want to set up the basic middleware to:

1. Replicate Business Partners from CRM to ECC (and ECC to CRM).

2. Replicate CRM Business Agreements to ECC Contract Accounts (and ECC

Contract Accounts to CRM Business Agreements).

We are unable to find a Middleware Guide to help us set up this replication.We have done the basic configuration but the replication is not working .We found guides appear to be industry specific to IS-U. We will not be activating an Industry Solution in our environment

Please can you provide some documentation/link to help us set up the Business Partner,Business Agreement (Contract Account) replication in a CRM / ECC (FICAX) environment.

B)Since the Business Function FI-CAX (Contract A/R + A/P) is already activated. I assume none of the business function, industry solution etc. can be activated. Can you confirm if this is case I.e. FI-CAX once activated applies to IS-TELCO,IS-UTILITIES etc.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Tilak.