cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formated Text in view?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

In requirement, i have a long text need to display in a view contains different lines ex :

The field is to be constructed using three u201Cblocksu201D:

Job Title

Category or Function (if applicable)

Country, Region, Market or Zone (if applicable)

Descriptions must be in mixed-case as mixed cases are more legible. .... and some more lines, i tried using OTR but, it is allowing only 255 chars, is there any way to get text or display text in no of lines like that... please help

Thanks,

kriss.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is worth pointing out, that although the formatted text view does allow for very nicely formatted text - it doesn't address one of the major issues with very long texts - which is translating them! If you do use the formatted text UI element - be very careful how you store and concatenate the texts which go to making up the output. One of the strengths of SAP is its ability to be translated. I suggest using a method in your assistance class to assemble the text from various text elements maintained against the assistance class itself - this has the advantage of being much easier to translate than the OTR, and keeps logic and text close together in case you do need to maintain them in the future.

Answers (0)