Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to tie ICF_NODE to path in SICF

0 Kudos

Hello,

Is there a way to tie the 25 character ICF_NODE to the SICF path? We are starting to use web services more and more and would like to secure the S_ICF_ADM node to the specific host/service. When we run ST01 traces, we get the technical name (the 25-character node id) and do not know the path to determine the parent node. Table ICFSERVICE lists the technical name of the parent node, but we would like to determine the path (i.e. default_host / sap / bc / etc.). Is this possible?

Thank you and regards,

Janice

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

check subroutine construct_path in program rsicftree. It returns URL for structure ICFSERVICE. Basically, it traverses table ICFSERVICE to reconstruct full path. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a suitable FM so you may write a simple wrapper around this subroutine.

Cheers

1 REPLY 1

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

check subroutine construct_path in program rsicftree. It returns URL for structure ICFSERVICE. Basically, it traverses table ICFSERVICE to reconstruct full path. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a suitable FM so you may write a simple wrapper around this subroutine.

Cheers