cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuration change R/3 PM Maint. Order not reflect in EAM Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have recently changed SPRO configuration for Maint Order component and made Storage Location Field Mandatory.

Every thing is working fine and change is reflecting when order is created/change in R/3. i.e. Storage Location is mandatory.

But while changing same order in EAM portal and adding component, Storage Location field is not reflected as mandatory.

Its optoinal and allows to save order in EAM portal.

This is starndard SAP EAM portal Web dynpro application. So when config is changed in R/3 it should get reflected in EAM Portal.

But this has not happened.

Please share your view for same.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is starndard SAP EAM portal Web dynpro application. So when config is changed in R/3 it should get reflected in EAM Portal.

Why? does SAP explicitly say that it is using the same configuration model in the new WDA version as compared to the ECC6 version? I don't think they do.

You can use the enhancement framework to change the status of this field in the WDA application - or raise a message to SAP, who might then consider linking the the two together - but I doubt they will.

It might be nice for some aspects of Dynpro delivered and WDA delivered content to work off the same configuration, but it is often the case that the original dynpro code is so badly designed and so difficult to extract into an MVC design that it is better to start again. This is what happened in HR (with the decoupled infotype framework) - and I think it is good that SAP have drawn the line and are now moving to a different and better configuration solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As further input.

Any configuration change related to order(field made mandatory for maint order) made in R/3 is not reflecting in EAM portal.

Is there any thing particular which needs to be checked.