cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the properties of existing UI element while enhancing the View.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to enhance a view Layout.

Can i change the properties of existing UI element in the view layout. I tried doing it, but properties are in disabled mode hence i can not change them.

Please guide. How can i change the properties of existing UI element in View layout.

Thanks,

Bharath.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use dynamic programming for the same.

In WDmodifyView method (Post exit), you can access different view element present on the view layout using view->get_element( '<ID of view element>' ).

Please refer below doucment for the same.

/people/thomas.szcs/blog/2006/01/03/dynamic-programming-in-web-dynpro-abap--part-ii-handling-viewelements

Thanks,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your trying to enhance properties of UI elements in a standard webdynpro component then you cannot change it.

Instead you can create an enhancement implementation for the view.

1.In menu bar select View-->enhance or click on the enhance icon in view (ctrl+f4)

2.Enter a name for the enhancement implementation and a short text and click ok to create.

3.Right click on the UI element and select Remove element.

The UI element will have an indication as deleted in the properties. The enhancement will suppress the removed UI element.

4.After deleting the UI element, you can create another UI element under enhancement, with same properties as of the deleted one, adding the changes you want, to this.To recover the deleted item right click on the UI element in the hierarchy and click on undo deletion.

5.Save and activate the enhancement created.

Refer the below link for more information

[http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/700317da-bd79-2c10-368e-8f18bf5d8b81?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true]

Regards,

Bala Baskaran.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharath,

I have the same problem you had. is what you've found a solution?

Thanks & regards

Mounaim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bharath,

are you trying to change the properties of UI elements in a standard component?if yes you cannot modify them but you can add new elements using enhancement framework

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri

Edited by: Bala Duvvuri on Oct 6, 2010 5:39 AM