cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading and total weight Handling units

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can anyone explain me how the total weight and loading weight is calculated for a handling unit?

It seems that in our system it is calculated different for several plant. Is there a plant setting that influence this calculation?

Kind regards,

Bert

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bert

It may be the weight of your packing material (box carton ets) is different in the different plants

Frenchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Frenchy,

But we use the same packaging material for all the sites.

ANd the weight is a mara field so site independent.

Kind regards,

Bert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bert,

The weight of the HU is usually calculated from the sum of the weights of the packed materials, with the data maintained in the material master.

Display the HU and select the conts. tab here you should have a list display of the weights of the contents.

Display the HU and select the W/VOL/DIM tab The Tare weight (weight of the HU) is then added to the weights of the contents.

The weight data maintained against the material master is usually held on the MARA table which is not plant specific please check if the data has been manually changes via the change menu or if there is a development changing the system behaviour.

Thanks James

Former Member
0 Kudos

James,

Can you tell me which (mara)field is taken into account in master data .

I have the impression that for one site, the field gross weight BRGEW is taken into account.

For another site he looks at the netto weight in the marm table??

Kind regards,

Bert

Former Member
0 Kudos

The BRGEW (Gross weight) field for the base unit is copied through from MARA to MARM as neither of these tables is plant specific. Can you confirm that the same uom is used for both documents as you can hold diffierent gross weights against different UoM's for the same material?

James