cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuration Required for SAP Netweaver Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

This is my 1st thread on this community, am SAP Basis consultant working in pune.

my question is that my client is purchasing Intel corei5 .with 8gb ram and 1tb hard disk .

i am using windows server 2003 and my data base is my sql2005

please suggest me that is this configuration is compatible for a small size organization like 100 users.

Regards

Shyam....

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shyam,

Please go through the following sizing document.

/people/susanne.janssen/blog/2005/07/01/quick-sizer--getting-started

For 100 users 8 Gb ram is just on the margin ...its better if u can increase it.

Moreover make sure you are using 64 bit machines, As SAP soon wd take off the support for 32 bit machines and then would will need to upgrade your hardware.

Please let us know in case of any other details required.

Thanks,

Shobhit garg

Former Member
0 Kudos

sir Actually in my company is going to implement my SAPERP in a company . there is 50 usres . they have told me for sap server configuration in a low budget.

i am new for sap implementation . so i am asking for sap server configuration

please help me.. fro sap server configuration . please give me a detail for sap server configuration for 50 user.

and tell me that core i5 is compatible for sap server with 8 gb ram and 1 tb harddisk.

regards

shyam

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am assuming you are speaking about 100 concurrent users and not the entire company userbase.

Core i5 (although is dual core underneath) is generally meant for desktops, having said this, please note that its difficult to arrive at any recommendation based on simply userbase. You need to have more data with you with respect to amount of transactions, concurrent users, peak period, load during peak period etc.

You need to use SAP's quicksizer to calculate the amount of SAPS for your production servers, SAPS is the unit used to calibrate your hardware for running SAP Applications.

If you provide your SAPS value to hardware vendor, they will advise what CPU rating and how many CPUs you need. They will infact tell you the entire configuration that you need.

you can also buy the following book:

http://www.sap-press.com/products/Sizing-SAP-Systems.html

Regards,

Siddhesh