cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy fiscal year vairiant changes from R3 to SCM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus;

We have a requirement to change our fiscal year start and end dates for the current and future year. We are using program "RSIMPCUST" to copy changes in fiscal calendar from R3 to SCM.

My question is : Do we need to de-activate the demand planning area and then copy the Fiscal calendar changes and re-initilise and copy the data from back up cube Or we just have to copy the FY changes from R3 to SCM and re-initialize the DP planning area.

Thanks in advance for guidance in advance.

Thanks and regards

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to deactivate PA and then move Fiscal year variant in SCM. Therafter re-initialize your PA.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response , Anup

Why do we need to deactivate planning area, Can only re-intilizing the DP planiing area will resolve issue here, As when we de- activate the planning area all the data in the planning area gets deleted and we will have to reload it from back up cube.

Thanks

Rajesh

0 Kudos

Why de-activate planning area ? - Because, we are making structural changes against which data already resides in planning area.

Now, before making changes, you need to plan the back up of data, make changes in FYV, and then load data into planning area with new FYV.

Before, you go about, please study below points and plan accordingly -

1) Changes in both fiscal year variant (Months & weeks)

2) Storage bucket profile

Importantly, note that when loading data from back up cube, make sure it is loaded at month and week level (i.e. u2013 exclude Fiscal variant bucket), as the fiscal variant bucket mapping to month and week will have changed awhen you try to load the data in planning area (post FYV changes). Hence, post data loading in planning area, it should appear against new FY buckets when viewed by user.

(Example u2013 Previously M1-W1-F1 = 10, M1-W2-F1 = 20, Hence, F1 = 30. After changes you make, say, M1-W1 as F1 and M1-W2 as F2, user should see F1=10 and F2-20).

Thanks,

Prashant Ghule

Mahindrasatyam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the details , Prashant and Somnath;

Now, I am clear about the steps I need to follow.

Thanks and regards

RAjesh Dhadve

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The first question is at what level are you taking back-up of the Planning Area data and what is the FYV definition.

While taking backup look at putting the correct time-based aggregation. For example backup data at Monthly level assuming FYV is lower granularity than month). Then when you load from the backup cube to Planning Area let system disaggregate in terms of time buckets granularity - month, week, FYV.

From what I understand your main bottleneck is the data load from backup cube to planning area. Unfortunately its not possible to parallelise this program.

Hope this helps.

Somnath