cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop PGI reversal after proforma invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have encountered a strange problem, in which transaction sales order-delivery-proforma invoice-excise invoice was completed. commercial invoice was not posted. But some user reversed the post goods issue and deleted the delivery item. This way even document flow got deleted. Now it became difficult to understand whether physically goods was delivered to the customer or not.

System should not allow reversing of PGI, if proforma invoice is already done. Otherwise any employee with malicious intentions can physically issue the material and can later reverse the PGI and delete the delivery item. So there wont be any pending delivery for commercial invoice.

Please tell me any standard routine which can prevent reversal of PGI after proforma invoice. Else the logic or place for the coding of new routine

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ABAP developement

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
which can prevent reversal of PGI after proforma invoice.

There is no straight way to achieve this through some routine or configuration. You need to go with delivery exit MV50AFZ1 where your ABAPer should add a code such that whenever VL09 is executed, system should, in the background, check for Field RFBSK from table VBRK where only if the status is "E", system should further proceed; otherwise, pop up an error message.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Further to my last mail, multiple proforma can be prevented with standard copy control routine.

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

" Excise invoice is definitely against the proforma invoice." -

In my above reply, I stated about the Excise creation can be both is just because, you have stressed the above statement in your reply.

Seems, there is no standard SAP control which can restrict the reversal of PGI for which Pro-Forma invoice is created.

If anything as such solution available from SAP, you would have flooded with many replies from the contributors.

I can see the only option to go for enhancement in VL09- which you already aware to curtail the PGI reversal of such documents. Will update in forum, If i get any other input.

Thanks,

Regards,

Reazuddin MD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear mr. Reazuddin

This is very elementary that excise invoice can be created against both, but what I said was if we create excise invoice against commercial invoice, then the sole purpose of proforma invoice gets defeated. Please read the mail carefully.

We cant create commercial invoice at the time of PGI, some functional restrains.

That is why we create proforma invoice and any dispatch should include excise invoice. If posting excise invoice against the commercial invoice would have been the solutions, Then I would not have posted the query.

Accounting will not be affected in any case. Even if I post excise invoice against proforma or commercial.

During excise invoice cenvat suspense Dr, duty collected Cr. and after commercial cenvat Suspense Cr.

Only the sequence will change.

Forum please post some useful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think , either you have not understood my second mail or you have not yourself tried the solution. Excise invoice is definitely against the proforma invoice, otherwise the basic purpose of proforma invoice will be defeated. Commercial invoice is created later. In excise configuration delivery is assigned to proforma invoice.

Solution given by you was, copy your proforma invoice(ZF8) from F2. if I do the same then after proforma invoiceZF8, I can create excise invoice but when I go to create commercial invoice system gives the message ' delivery is already fully invoiced' So it doesnt allow creation of commercial invoice. Further to this I have also tried changing the copy control between ZF8 and LF, where in pos/neg quantity , I gave 0. so that quantity will not updated. If I do this then I can create commercial invoice but the sole purpose will remain, I would be able to cancel the PGI, as status of delivery will remain ' Being processed'.

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Roy,

Fyi, Excise invoice always cant be against Pro-Forma Invoice. It can be wrt: Commercial Invoice.

It can be wrt: Pro-forma invoice, but its not mandatory that only pro-forma invoice can use as ref to create Excise Invoice.

- It seems the approach to create excise invoice itself is incorrect. It would be better if you create Excise Invoice wrt: Commercial instead pro-forma invoice.

- The reason is, after Commercial Invoice-

CENVAT suspense gets Credited & after Excise Invoice - CENVAT suspense gets Debited.

- the same will not occur if you create Excise Invoice wrt: Pro-Forma Invoice

- Once Pro-forma invoice & Excise Invoice created,still system allow to create one more Pro-forma invoice against the same Delivery document.

So it would be ideal to assign Delivery type- LF to Billing type- F2, not to the F8.

Regards,

Reazuddin MD

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I do this then how will I create commercial invoice later? Delivery status will change to completed. And it will not allow commercial invoice against the delivery. I had already tried this.

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

On what basis you creates Excise invoice? its either Pro-forma Invoice / Commercial Invoice. maintain only billing type relevant for Excise.

In CIN Settings, how did you maintain the assignments in "Deliivery type - Billing type", check that assignment.

Eg: LF -- F8

LF - F2, Doesnt make sense.

Regards,

Reazuddin MD

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Instead of using F8 or Copy of F8 as Proforma invoice document type. Copy the F2 document type as "ZF8 - Pro-forma invoice" then remove the "account determination procedure " & Cancellation billing type from the New pro-forma billing type.

Maintain relevant copy control from Delivery - Billing. Now it behaves same as F2 billing type. user will not be able to delete/ reverse the PGI document, if the billing document is available.

If user tries to cancel the ZF8, system will not allow to cancel the pro-forma invoice.

Note: if you want the system to create pro-forma invoice only after PGI is done. Then assign the Routine-34 in respective billing type i.e. ZF8. (Its useful because,there could be chance that user creates pro-forma invoice without PGI & tries to create Excise Invoice, then while updating RG1, only Excise duty will get update , but not the Quantity).

Hope it helps you,

Regards,

Reazuddin MD