Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid transport binding settings HTTP Client, does not have endpoint url

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are working in SAP CE 7.1.

We have created an enterprise service in Enterprise Service Builder and published it in Services Registry.

The implementation is done using EJB and it is built and deployed on the server.

When I test the service in WSNavigator, I get the error..Invalid transport binding settings HTTP Client, does not have endpoint url specified

I tried to search on SCN.

Most of the solutions given are: doing some service endpoint settings in SOAMANAGER AND WSADMIN. But in our case we are by no ways connected to R/3 system.

Observations:

1) When I publish the service from ES builder, after publish I see a popup which says the Release State of the service as 'Not Released' even if I have set it to 'Released'.

2) In Services Registry when I search for my enterprsise service, I can see see the state as 'Modeled' and other services as 'confiured'

3) When I access nwa->SOA Management->Application and Communication Scenario->Single Service Administration and serach for my service, it is not found.

These observations might be useful in finding some solution.

So, my question is:

How to create service endpoints for the enterprise service? (so that the service state becomes 'Configured' from 'Modeled')

Regards,

Radhika

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Problem Solved.

1)Right Click EJB Session Bean->Create web service->Develop Service->Select Existing Endpoin->*<serviceinterfacename>* (in my case esr)->Select the service which comes by default.

2)Go to EJB Session bean. Add 'implements' clause to the class for implementing the service endpoint interface which you selected in the above step.

3)Build, Deploy EAR

4)Now, go to /nwa->Application and scenario Communication->Single Service administration->Click on Service Registry radiobutton->Search by name in service registry->esr

This will show you the service interface which is published in service registry.

Now, it will show the status as 'Activated/Deployed'.

5)Select the service interface and click on Configuration tab->Create Endpoint->Follow the steps according to given roadmap.

6)Now the status of service will change from 'Activated/Deployed' to 'Configured'.

7)Test the service in wsnavigator.

Thanks,

Radhika

Edited by: Radhika Parag Rajopadhye on Oct 11, 2010 7:39 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Radhika,

Have you seen this blog posting:

[http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/8736] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

You seem to be on the right track and that's where you would create your endpoint but there may be something that you've missed (maybe on the deploy step) that could be why you can't see your service in NWA. The other issue could also be how you're doing your search for the service.

Regards, Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Trevor,

Thanks for the reply.

I am using free trial version of CE 7.1 and when i open /nwa link, i can not see the path SOA Management -> Business Administration -> Web Services Administration as per the excellent blog referred by you.

However, i can see the path SOA Management -> Application and scenario communication -> Single service administration with similar (but not exact) screen.

Also, i am curious to know how proper deployment of EJB using NWDS is related to ESR service name being searched properly in /nwa link (assuming that the service is published properly)

Thanks,

Radhika.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Radhika,

The paths will be slightly different depending on the software version but the screens should be similar as you see it.

Also, i am curious to know how proper deployment of EJB using NWDS is related to ESR service name being searched properly in /nwa link (assuming that the service is published properly)

You deploy from NWDS to the server. You then search for the service on the server using NWA.

Publishing to the Service Registry is something else altogether. I can just model an service interface in the ESR & publish it straight to the SR in the modeled status without doing anything else (like configuring an endpoint for example). A consumer can then query the SR & get the WSDL & generate a Java proxy & start development from that. Also, the SAP SR complies with UDDI standards so any application (with access) & it doesn't have to be SAP can publish their services in there.

Also, the SR is only used for discover during design time & not at runtime. The provider server runtime (where you deploy to) is utilised when a call is initiated by the consumer.

Regards, Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Trevor,

Thanks for your inputs.

We are still not able to find out the service in /nwa which we have created in ES Builder, even though the deployment of EJB DC is done successfully. What could be the probable reason?

Where and how do we have to specify the endpoint URL for the Enterprises Service?

Thanks,

Radhika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Radhika,

One probably reason is that the service was defined as asynchronous & not synchronous in the ES Builder.

Regards, Trevor